[ Sat 15th Jan ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Re: [ Sat 15th Jan ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by The pressman »

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Banbury are rightly Champions Elect and they looked a very good team. We played our part and probably could and should have got something out of the game - we definitely rued the missed penalty and possibly were'nt on our game in the second half.

I'm not one to usually criticise officials but you can see why Banbury are so far clear when they use the ineptitude of officials to their advantage. Its something that we need to do if we are to compete with the likes of Banbury. Apart from the penalty award the referee was probably the most inconsistent ref I've seen this season.

Both goals should not have been allowed. The first goal came from a free kick which typified Banbury's play acting and diving. I thought it was a contact sport but how many times did a Banbury player go down at the merest touch and the referee constantly let them get away with it. Unfortunately, we switched off for the resultant free kick. 1 - 0

And then in the dying minutes with the ball clearly out of play the assistant ref on the stand side - who had a complete mare offside wise - made another error and, again, we unfortunately switched off from the resultant corner.

What really got me was how the ref constantly ignored fouls against us. On at least 3 occasions in the second half he waived play on only to bring play back after the assistant ref on the dugout side flagged for a foul! No wonder Peaksy was fuming afterwards! He was very poor.

Sam Brown showed more emotion in one coming together than he did in his whole stay with us - only joking Brownie!!! - but he got Furlong booked after rolling around like he'd been shot - it wasn't even a foul! This is not the Premier league!

For Banbury i thought the 6ft 10 lad at the back was absolutely superb. Morgan Roberts and Georgio Rasula are really playing at too low a level. Banbury played some really good football at times but so did we and when Peaksy changed to 4 - 4 -2 the home side bought the best out of Snedker who was absolutely superb throughout.

In my post match interview Peaksy said that he thinks Needham Market will be even more tougher to beat on Tuesday so we are going to have to learn lessons from today and go again in midweek.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews with AFCRDTV

gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

The pressman wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:35 pm Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Banbury are rightly Champions Elect and they looked a very good team. We played our part and probably could and should have got something out of the game - we definitely rued the missed penalty and possibly were'nt on our game in the second half.

I'm not one to usually criticise officials but you can see why Banbury are so far clear when they use the ineptitude of officials to their advantage. Its something that we need to do if we are to compete with the likes of Banbury. Apart from the penalty award the referee was probably the most inconsistent ref I've seen this season.

Both goals should not have been allowed. The first goal came from a free kick which typified Banbury's play acting and diving. I thought it was a contact sport but how many times did a Banbury player go down at the merest touch and the referee constantly let them get away with it. Unfortunately, we switched off for the resultant free kick. 1 - 0

And then in the dying minutes with the ball clearly out of play the assistant ref on the stand side - who had a complete mare offside wise - made another error and, again, we unfortunately switched off from the resultant corner.

What really got me was how the ref constantly ignored fouls against us. On at least 3 occasions in the second half he waived play on only to bring play back after the assistant ref on the dugout side flagged for a foul! No wonder Peaksy was fuming afterwards! He was very poor.

Sam Brown showed more emotion in one coming together than he did in his whole stay with us - only joking Brownie!!! - but he got Furlong booked after rolling around like he'd been shot - it wasn't even a foul! This is not the Premier league!

For Banbury i thought the 6ft 10 lad at the back was absolutely superb. Morgan Roberts and Georgio Rasula are really playing at too low a level. Banbury played some really good football at times but so did we and when Peaksy changed to 4 - 4 -2 the home side bought the best out of Snedker who was absolutely superb throughout.

In my post match interview Peaksy said that he thinks Needham Market will be even more tougher to beat on Tuesday so we are going to have to learn lessons from today and go again in midweek.

Agree with the majority that & good assesment. Official absolutely dreadful. Didn't get around the pitch hence why I got in the way far to much (which the one on Jesse could of easily cost us a goal !!) Thought he was very one sided in terms of his poor decisions which few of normal ISH Banbury fans agreed too,not sure regarding browny one as I was like the ref (to far away)

How did Jay Williams not get booked for the pen either!!!

Thought we really really missed Ben Diamond who's been brilliant alongside FBT. But hey full credit to peaksy & the boys who been brilliant again this season, honestly think with not playing much of late hasn't helped either hence why some of the lads looked alittle leggy and short of match minutes!

But once again it's down to fine margins & when your flying as Banbury are you need to take those few good opportunities you make, but full credit to Banbury, you get that little bit of luck which also needed in any promotion push. But their good side for sure,really like the centre mids (babos/ Georgio) 2 very good players & Morgan Roberts drops in some great areas and causing lots of problems & buys no ends of fouls! The young centre half on loan from Oxford looks the real deal based on today showing, honestly think he's got every chance of a very bright future in the game!

Let's keep getting behind the staff & players as they've been brilliant of late & we've 2 very tough games ahead.

Come on you diamonds
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Match Highlights courtesy of the Puritan Player YouTube Channel.

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I notice they didn't show "foul" leading to first goal or to the corner.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:37 am I notice they didn't show "foul" leading to first goal or to the corner.
Does any home team do that when they edit the footage? We have a VEO camera for our matches, but it's only used at home games currently due to transport issues (heavy stand etc..) amongst other things.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's report

Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Was great to see so many (though not as many as I expected) on Saturday, the Dolman family, Diamonds No 1 fan ( that’s you Ellie) but sure you knew that, some of the noisy gang though again some missing and the bunch of oldies from the Team bus picnic days, Gibbo, Steve and Co and of course those who chose to ignore me 🤦‍♂️
Impressed with the massive improvement from the first meeting back in August & having seen most teams now the present AFCRD I’d definitely put in the top third. Two big games over next few days could go along way to determining the final league places, hopefully if results go well Peaksy will be supported if anything is needed to make that final push for the playoffs.
The game wasn’t the greatest and an honest assessment of Banbury would be “an average performance” but some credit would have to go to Andy and Co for stopping them playing as they can. Better side won but in a game of fine margins on another day Diamonds could have got something from it, doesn’t need repeating but had the pen been scored?? Or it could have ended 4-1 we’ll never know. As stated by a senior Diamonds player, for all the possession and some decent football never really looked like scoring.
Sadly the officials (though assistants not quite as bad as the man in the middle) who was without doubt the worst I’ve seen this season, were little more than a disgrace, he genuinely tried not to leave the centre circle and had more touches than some players, may have been payback time as the ref the week before at Stourbridge was the best I’ve seen this season.
Disappointed the game that was hyped up to be biggest in 3 years was subsequently downgraded to an irrelevance but I guess that’s result induced.
All the best for the rest of the season and will hopefully get over before it’s done or maybe get to a playoff game!!, and finally well done for another season to Peaksy for getting a bottom 5 budget pushing top 5, so get behind him as he certainly deserves it, just think you could be Nuneaton, your budget x 3 and staring Step 4 football in the face.