Tonight's Match:

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BringBackDuane

Tonight's Match:

Post by BringBackDuane »

York vs Wimbledon

I can't quite decide on this one. Who does everyone want to win?

I think I want Wimbledon to win, as finishing 4th will mean playing Oxford rather than Stevenage/Luton, although if Wimbledon lose we are all but mathematically in the play-offs. A hard one, but a win-win situation.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Tonight's Match:

Post by The Godfather »

Wimbledon to win.

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

StuartRDFC wrote:Wimbledon to win.

Stuart
Anything but a win will effectively end Wimbledons play off hopes, i would rather that we secure a play off place sooner rather than later.

A draw would be an excellent result for us IMO.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
StuartRDFC wrote:Wimbledon to win.

Stuart
Anything but a win will effectively end Wimbledons play off hopes, i would rather that we secure a play off place sooner rather than later.

A draw would be an excellent result for us IMO.
If we win on Saturday and Wimbledon don't we will be fine anyway. Better for Wimbledon to win rather than York because due to being a pain off the field when it comes to ticketing, I don't want us to get Luton.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

I know why everyone doesn't want Luton, but its just seems to me like the pressure might just get too them, especially if they only just miss out on automatic. I think Money had an interview on BBC, where he was a little concerned about the crowd getting on the teams back early on, and i just wonder if we play well, they might get on their backs again, and we could stand a chance. I honestly think whichever team finishes second will find it as tough as the rest to win the play offs, if not harder.

Bring em on i say!!!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Its probably unlikely but I definitely want a Wimbledon win, they'll still be 8 points behind us and are not going to catch us, they had their chance with 4 home games in 2 weeks and they only got 1 pt out of 12 and obviously we want that 4th spot so we can play Oxford, a team we all know are surely very beatable. I'd rather have the place secured later and finish 4th than have the place secured sooner but finish in 5th.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

jimbobjaw wrote:I know why everyone doesn't want Luton, but its just seems to me like the pressure might just get too them, especially if they only just miss out on automatic. I think Money had an interview on BBC, where he was a little concerned about the crowd getting on the teams back early on, and i just wonder if we play well, they might get on their backs again, and we could stand a chance. I honestly think whichever team finishes second will find it as tough as the rest to win the play offs, if not harder.

Bring em on i say!!!
Totallly agree! Although Luton are destroying teams atm the pressure of the play offs will really show what they are made of. I personally would like York as i think we can do them and it would make for a better away trip! :mrgreen:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
BringBackDuane

Post by BringBackDuane »

I hope Luton go up. They are on fire at the moment, and it wouldn't be nice playing them.

Stevenage/Oxford/York are all very beatable, we have shown that, even if results haven't been the best.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I can't believe people are saying they want Wimbledon to win. I'd rather have a play-off place confirmed. A draw would be a brilliant result although i dont think Kedwell is playing so it will probably be a certain loss.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote:I can't believe people are saying they want Wimbledon to win. I'd rather have a play-off place confirmed. A draw would be a brilliant result although i dont think Kedwell is playing so it will probably be a certain loss.
I quite agree - especially when you realise that the Dons last 3 fixtures are against Grays, Tamworth and Gateshead.