[ Sat 22nd January ] v Alvechurch, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Sat 22nd January ] v Alvechurch, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Cotty »

According to my calculations that was Liam's 50th goal for the club, putting him second equal alongside Alfie Taylor!
Easton Diamond
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

In my opinion that was our best result of the season so far and a real statement victory away to a fellow Play-Off chasing side. What a way to bounce back from the defeat at Banbury (didn’t see their result coming) with two fantastic victories in the last couple of games.

We started the match on the front foot and it was great to get such an early goal, but disappointing to concede the equaliser so soon afterwards. Although it came from a mistake we showed great character to restore our lead fairly quickly. It was a fantastic finish from Ty Deacon who kept his composure brilliantly for the second goal and he played the target man role to perfection throughout. We have finally found ourselves a proper striker, what a signing Peaksy has made there! Fernando Bell-Toxtle is also getting better with every game in fact absolutely everybody is playing their part at the moment.

Alvechurch stepped it up in the second half and were a real threat for a lot of it but we managed to repel them. With Dean Snedker between the sticks and a solid defence in front of him, it gives us such a great chance of seeing matches out and holding onto our lead. Once again it was a real team performance and yet another impressive away win.

There was a really decent following of Diamonds fans yesterday I thought which was good to see. It would be nice to see some bigger crowds at Hayden Road for our remaining home games now, starting with Stourbridge next Saturday as we build towards the run-in. There’s something exciting going on here at the minute, let’s keep it up!
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:49 pm First 13 games 13 points. Next 13 games 30 points. What will the final 13 bring?
Playoffs we have Sneds Ty & Shamsi 😂😂😂 lol
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Nicely summed up by Easton Diamond above. Another terrific display from us. Alvechurch, a lot like a Needham, are a young and talented side who play good football. They were a threat throughout, but so were we. It's been such a long time since we've looked this dangerous going forward and the work rate from everyone is first class at the moment.

I am running out of superlatives to describe Ty Deacon. He scores goals, but there is so much more to his game. The boy can hold up literally any sort of ball in to him whether it's to feet or aimed at his head, and then either spin the defender or distribute the ball, which when you've got Tshikuna, Ravi and AJ surrounding him looking to receive the ball, is a dream scenario. Alvechurch defender Ash Carter, who I've always thought is such a good, solid defender every time we've faced him, had a torrid time dealing with Ty. If we'd have had him since the start of the season we'd be right up there, I'm convinced of that. It's going to be really difficult but we've got to do everything we can do keep hold of him.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's latest article.

Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times