Cash on the turnstile

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Beezus Fafoon
Has Liked: 2 times

Cash on the turnstile

Post by Beezus Fafoon »

I’m sure we’re the only club still insisting on taking no cash on the turnstiles and it’s quite clearly cut our attendances! I’m not sure why we persist with the policy as Covid-19 doesn’t last long on coins and paper and there’s a minute chance of catching it this way.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Re: Cash on the turnstile

Post by fentiger79 »

Totally agree, I think this is making a difference on our attendance. I don’t understand why we can’t take cash.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Whats Minute to you maybe a threat to others, i assume the volunteers wont touch the stuff and that why we still dont take it.
Maybe a solution is that Beezus and Fentiger volunteer to man the gates and take cash payments.

Simples problem over, nope we still need someone to count it and bag it and go to a bank, nope they are shut until Monday, so some one has to keep
it in their house. no security so some masked thug can smash the door down and wallop, sorry i do watch to many Crime thrillers
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Diamond88

Post by Diamond88 »

Yet as soon as you walk in you can pay cash for programmes raffle tickets etc and also in the bar and dales bar?
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I would suggest doing the same as before covid with cash. And Yes, I’m happy to be the Guinea Pig and take cash at the Stourbridge game if the club want me to.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Yeah I definitely think no cash at the turnstiles is hindering our attendances. I’d imagine there is a high percentage of our support who are in the concession bracket who, therefore are unable to attend because they don’t have the option to pay by cash instead of contactless payment.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

fentiger79 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:57 pm I would suggest doing the same as before covid with cash. And Yes, I’m happy to be the Guinea Pig and take cash at the Stourbridge game if the club want me to.

Yes but you can only enter the ground after 2.50pm,As normally fentiger 79 arrives at Skinner's hill 2.40pm.

Said the above for ages!! cash ok for programme & used in Dales bar,but not at the turnstiles
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Biggles wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:15 pm Whats Minute to you maybe a threat to others, i assume the volunteers wont touch the stuff and that why we still dont take it.
Maybe a solution is that Beezus and Fentiger volunteer to man the gates and take cash payments.

Simples problem over, nope we still need someone to count it and bag it and go to a bank, nope they are shut until Monday, so some one has to keep
it in their house. no security so some masked thug can smash the door down and wallop, sorry i do watch to many Crime thrillers
What on earth are you on about? Let people pay cash! It is effecting our attendance by not having it as a payment method.

Why you are encouraged to purchace tickets in advanced online at this level is beyond me!

Perhaps the club should consider a reintroduction of cash payments ASAP, and a "Pay what you want" match would be the perfect way to reintroduce that and hopefully get a few more people through the CASH turnstiles!
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Biggles wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:15 pm Whats Minute to you maybe a threat to others, i assume the volunteers wont touch the stuff and that why we still dont take it.

An insurmountable problem that has been overcome by almost every non league club in the Country except Diamonds and Hitchin, I believe we have 1 club in the league who other than pre paid on-line tickets are CASH ONLY on the turnstiles.
I’m sure no cash is affecting attendances and given the recent steady decline in numbers surely that should be a concern??
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Why are you fixated with Cash ?, why do you need to pay by cash ?, its easier to do without it, no need to visit banks or track down a working ATM.

If HMRC get their way Cash will join the Dodo sooner or later or at the rate banks are closing branches and ATM sites getting fewer you may have to travel miles to get your cash.

Maybe the downturn in crowds is more to do with Covid and avoiding people, human contact and being close to people spreads the Virus and even a small crowd to some is a turn off especially if you are of the older generation.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32