Cash on the turnstile

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: Cash on the turnstile

Post by Dazzler »

rossco wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:09 am In terms of float/change issues: this was always going to be an issue when increasing admission to £11 not £10, but getting change will tempt people into programmes/raffle tickets as well
I didn't say it was an issue, was just stating we have to ensure enough float to cover those situations, which is what is done. The turnstile, programmes, and raffle, often will interchange coins as needed if they get short.

I don't manage the turnstile volunteers but they start about 90 minutes before kick off, until 5-10 after kick off, then the stewards run the late gate til half time, for those interested. In the short term, Academy students are covering this.

The entry fees are voted on by the membership. I just made the adjustment to the float so we had more £5's and £2 coins to cover. Again not an issue.

As with any volunteer work, as has always been the case since 2011, just contact the club, with any suggestions & availability and someone will get back to you to discuss opportunities or put you in touch with the correct person or group, if role is not already published on the main website as a request.

I often forward voicemail queries left on the club number to the relevant club contact, though any messages requesting the "Gaffer's" number (the most common request) do not get his number but are passed on via the relevant channels.

I look after the site maintenance group - which is mainly active in the off season for ground grading work/repairs/improvements, and that is managed as a Whatsapp group when tasks are available, and direct SMS, voice calls or email for a few volunteers that don't do Whatsapp, so they are still covered and included - whatever their preference is.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

We’ll be able to accept cash from Saturday 👍🏻

https://www.afcdiamonds.com/cash-accept ... urnstiles/
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Well done to those making the decisions for listening to the feedback from fans. I doubt this will improve attendances substantially but we've seen people say that they have friends who are staying away for this reason. If this gets a further 10-15 people in the ground next Saturday then it's worthwhile.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Third biggest crowd of the season after the first day of the season and NYD. Stourbridge bring many or an effect of the reintroduction of cash?
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:12 pm Third biggest crowd of the season after the first day of the season and NYD. Stourbridge bring many or an effect of the reintroduction of cash?
Stourbridge brought around 70 with them. They do have one of the better away followings in this league
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

Think it’s very news, bringing cash back to the turnstiles.