[ Sat 19th Feb ] v Biggleswade Town FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 19th Feb ] v Biggleswade Town FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Match details
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 19th Feb ] v Biggleswade Town FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

<BUMP> Next up, away to Biggleswade Town on Saturday. Note: CASH ONLY @ Turnstiles on the day.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Slow week, but coming up Saturday...

NOTE: CASH ONLY Turnstile
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Just want to say a big "Good Luck" to Tim, Scott and the rest of the team. We'll be with you on Saturday (pitch inspection allowing). To quote my favourite inspirational (non literal) saying ;-

"Success is not a matter of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire"

Got banned from Twatter for that once :cheesy:
AFC R & D member number 34
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Will be interesting to see who is and isn't in the team for this one. Assume there will be no Ty, but just pray everyone else is there, just don't want our season to fizzle out after such a fantastic run of form!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Easton Diamond
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

I wonder how we're going to approach tomorrow with the obvious lack of striking options. Employing the same tactics as before without Ty Deacon up front I’m not sure is going to work. One idea I’d suggest is to put Ben Diamond up front (his natural position) and maybe Nathan Tshikuna just in behind him almost as a front two. Another option could be Diamond alongside Will Jones with a four-man midfield in a 4-4-2 type formation.

However the team is set up it’s so important that we get right behind the lads and management from the start and give them our usual excellent vocal support away from home. This game signals the beginning of a new era for us so hopefully we can get off to a good start!
Bolts1988
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Bolts1988 »

We have Jack Snelus who hasn't even been given a chance yet, maybe Will Jones will take this as his chance to shine or use Shane Bush as a forward or false 9.

Maybe Jesse or Lorrel could come back into the picture aswell. Only time will tell when we see the squad tomorrow.

I'm sure we're working on bringing 1 or 2 through the door.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

Easton Diamond wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:03 pm . One idea I’d suggest is to put Ben Diamond up front (his natural position) and maybe Nathan Tshikuna just in behind him almost as a front two. Another option could be Diamond alongside Will Jones with a four-man midfield in a 4-4-2 type formation.

However the team is set up it’s so important that we get right behind the lads and management from the start and give them our usual excellent vocal support away from home.
Diamond in midfield has been as integral to our turn in form as Ty deacon was, no way we should change that. We've not seen Snelus or Bush, so no idea what they are capable of. I'd start Jones and see what we can do. Not easy to replace Ty, but we've no choice. After a tough week, I'm absolutely buzzing for tomorrow. A win tomorrow would definitely make a statement. Come on you diamonds!!!
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham’s preview

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

rdusher wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:34 pm
Easton Diamond wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:03 pm . One idea I’d suggest is to put Ben Diamond up front (his natural position) and maybe Nathan Tshikuna just in behind him almost as a front two. Another option could be Diamond alongside Will Jones with a four-man midfield in a 4-4-2 type formation.

However the team is set up it’s so important that we get right behind the lads and management from the start and give them our usual excellent vocal support away from home.
Diamond in midfield has been as integral to our turn in form as Ty deacon was, no way we should change that. We've not seen Snelus or Bush, so no idea what they are capable of. I'd start Jones and see what we can do. Not easy to replace Ty, but we've no choice. After a tough week, I'm absolutely buzzing for tomorrow. A win tomorrow would definitely make a statement. Come on you diamonds!!!
Completely agree about Diamond but would probably start Bush in place of Deacon as more of a like-for-like change.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291