Just in case the pessimists amongst you ….

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Just in case the pessimists amongst you ….

Post by Pigman »

….. missed it - we didn’t kick a ball in anger today but still managed to cement our 5th place virtue of Alvechurch drawing - thanks Barwell!!

3 games in hand now - a massive platform for the new manager to start from!

Exciting times - look forward, not back!! What’s gone has gone - let’s get behind whoever get the job and push on!!

I really must drink beer more often, this optimism is a great feeling :drinks:
Attachments
DE3718E4-E225-45E9-AE06-5E5D986939E5.png
DE3718E4-E225-45E9-AE06-5E5D986939E5.png (2.17 MiB) Viewed 1193 times
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: Just in case the pessimists amongst you ….

Post by Biggles »

Also you may have missed Alvechurch next game is against Rushall. Reasons to be cheerful pt 3, Ian Dury
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The ones to watch are Hednesford, they can get within 3 points of us, but they have 3 games to catch up on and of course they are our next opponents. If Hednesford fail to win on Tuesday at Stratford that would gauruntee Banbury finishing in top five.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I'd like to see if we can overtake Peterborough £port£.
As it stands don't we get Olympic in the play off? They're smashing everyone else currently.
Great point by Piggers about a platform to build on.
AFC R & D member number 34
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

When you look at the games we have left it really is in our own hands and that’s a great place to be.

Hednesford next week will be looking for revenge after our late, late win at their place! For long periods of that game we were second best, but we know we can beat them! Win next week and we really do put ourselves in the box seat!

For me it’s all about getting in the playoffs and being there to compete - I don’t care who we play, it’s a free hit if we manage it and would be a great achievement, even if we didn’t win through.

I’m just delighted we’re in the mix as we come into the final quarter of the season - it’s exciting and I reckon we’ve a few twists and turns to come yet! It’s about the players holding their nerve and more importantly their belief!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Pigman wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:05 am It’s about the players holding their nerve and more importantly their belief!
As per coach Ted.

72352164-1CBE-415C-8B79-5301690430AE.jpeg
72352164-1CBE-415C-8B79-5301690430AE.jpeg (265.85 KiB) Viewed 1011 times

This is a Ted Lasso reference if you’ve not been able to see it, on Apple TV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Lasso
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Yep, they may be gone now, but Peaksy and his team, and to some extent Ty of course have put us in a very strong position to go on and finish in the top 5 and I hope the rest of the team at least stays to help achieve this as it would be very disappointing to miss out now tbh.

Don't get me wrong, under no illusions at how difficult winning playoffs would be, you would be looking at Rushall away, maybe Coalville away and then of course a trek up north for the super playoff final against perhaps either one our former Trophy opponents in South Shields or Matlock, we'd massively be up against it, but I'd be delighted to just take part in the playoffs to be honest, still an achievement and can't beat all the hope and excitement of them either.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Olly wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:18 pm Yep, they may be gone now, but Peaksy and his team, and to some extent Ty of course have put us in a very strong position to go on and finish in the top 5 and I hope the rest of the team at least stays to help achieve this as it would be very disappointing to miss out now tbh.

Don't get me wrong, under no illusions at how difficult winning playoffs would be, you would be looking at Rushall away, maybe Coalville away and then of course a trek up north for the super playoff final against perhaps either one our former Trophy opponents in South Shields or Matlock, we'd massively be up against it, but I'd be delighted to just take part in the playoffs to be honest, still an achievement and can't beat all the hope and excitement of them either.
I thought the super play-off was a one-off a few years ago. Wasn't expecting it this season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

In play offs if we could get that 4th place we would most likely play Coalville who are beatable and in final against Rushall it's a one off, so who knows what might happen, could even go to penalties.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:14 am
I thought the super play-off was a one-off a few years ago. Wasn't expecting it this season.
Still in league restructuring stage so presume this is the last year of them?