New Manager

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

New Manager

Post by The pressman »

Well this time tomorrow we should know who our new 'interim' manager is?

Rumours suggest that 4 people are being/have been interviewed and I wish whoever is chosen every success in their new role and hope that they can finish off Peaksy great work and cement that play-off place.

From my point of view, I just wish the board had not been so hasty in trying to appoint an interim coach. Like other fellow fans, I would have preferred continuity of coaching methods & a similar style of play. With that in mind, I'd have given Tim Dudding and Scott Carlin 3 or 4 games in charge to see if our great current run could continue. I wonder if the board has bothered to ask the players what they wanted?

Alas, that is not going to happen and so we now wait to see who the board choose and hope they get it right!
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: New Manager

Post by rdusher »

For what it's worth, my money is on (though not my preferred choice) Chris Nunn
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

Whoever it is will need contacts to a couple of players, the squad is looking very bare at the moment.
The pressman

Post by The pressman »

Chris told me that he didnt get an interview.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

The pressman wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:28 pm Chris told me that he didnt get an interview.
Do you know who did?
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Obviously we will know who is appointed but just as interesting is we may never know who else applied. My money would be on someone with first hand experience /knowledge of this league and with good contacts throughout the neighbouring counties from which to draw players and used to working on a restricted budget. So it has to be Andy Peaks.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I got the impression that Tim's biggest problem was the distance from where he lives. Of course the board doesn't have to appoint anyone yet if they're not ready to.
AFC R & D member number 34
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I’m not sure why we need an interim manager when we already have an interim manager.
The pressman

Post by The pressman »

I totally agree Fentiger 79. It doesn't make a lot of sense to most fans I've spoken to and in answer to rdusher - I don't have any 'definite' names of interviewees - just strong rumours.

What I don't understand is that Tim and Biff were asked to look after the team on Saturday but once that game was postponed they do not get another chance to show what they can do!
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I know it depends on whether Tim and Biff want to do it till the end of the season but if they did then I don’t see the point of another interim manager. Or we go for a manager now that is the manager full stop.