Membership

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Membership

Post by StaceyH »

So as not to hijack the kit vote thread any further, I’m interested to know what you would like from your membership of the Club (other than subsidised coach travel).
It’s clear to me that Covid has had a significant effect on membership numbers and attendances so what would you like? If you don’t want to post it on here, please message/email me and I’ll compile a list for discussion.

Thanks 😊
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: Membership

Post by rdusher »

Personally I think we need to resolve the issues around the bar, which is a bit of a tangent, but stay with me.

Was great to see so many in attendance on Saturday with the community incentive we ran, and for the first time in possibly forever, I joined the queue for an overpriced Guinness from a can (most expensive in the league, I've done extensive research) from outside the clubhouse door.

All I could think is that it is a massive loss to the club to not be taking anything from that level of sales. We need to be able to make money on food and drink, which we just aren't doing. I used to really enjoy being able to get a pint from dales bar, but I understand that stopped due to the main bar not being happy with the competition for drinks?? We need to find some middle ground with them. If it wasn't for diamonds, how much money would they really be making on matchdays??

In an ideal world, I'd like to see the director lounge become a members bar, where there was a level, even if only small, of discount on drinks.

Also, I like that members get a discount in the club shop, but we need a serious overhaul of what's on offer on there. It's a really small selection and hasn't really changed in years. A revamp, and some modernisation of the merchandise would surely bring some great revenue into the club.

Also, coach travel 😜
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I can categorically say none of that is going to happen regarding the bar whilst we are at Hayden road. When we move to our own place I absolutely agree with all of it.

For me I don’t know what else apart from discounts on travel and the club shop we can do.

Good news that the members forum is now back.

It’s interesting that other member owned clubs don’t really list a range of gimmicks for members, maybe keeping it simple like a members discount on matchday prices would help like Wimbledon do.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
rdusher

Post by rdusher »

bozzer wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:51 pm I can categorically say none of that is going to happen regarding the bar whilst we are at Hayden road. When we move to our own place I absolutely agree with all of it.

For me I don’t know what else apart from discounts on travel and the club shop we can do.

Good news that the members forum is now back.

It’s interesting that other member owned clubs don’t really list a range of gimmicks for members, maybe keeping it simple like a members discount on matchday prices would help like Wimbledon do.
How much would they make if we all boycotted though? Surely we hold at least some of the cards here?
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

We really don’t, they wouldn’t make anything if we boycotted on our games but they aren’t in it to make loads of money it’s more of a service for fans.
We have to have our own ground it opens so many more opportunities
AFC R&D Member No. 67
rdusher

Post by rdusher »

Yeah I agree with that, new ground opens much more opportunity, but it doesn't feel like we're heading towards that anytime soon
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I personally think the membership fee of £25 is far too much for the benefits offered and that is clearly the reason, I consider, why most fans don’t take up membership. In the past the only options members are given when asked to vote on the next season’s fee is the options that the board decide.
The only significant increase in voting membership we’ve seen has been the year when the ground options were discussed and voted on. The current membership level of 245 must be the lowest ever so it is clear that a membership initiative is required otherwise it will dwindle further.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

I think it’s a very very very hard sell for memberships . Like its pointless now . We the club on match days don’t sell anything decent to give a 10-20% discount on .

Dales bar - Bring back Hart real Ale that used to sell out before HT. Who cares what the independent Bar thinks.

The kitchen - obvious

The toilets - obvious unless you like walking through piss.

Need the basics to be right first. Sorry but that’s my honest opinion
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

245 is only the number of members eligible to vote - there are several hundred junior members that are not eligible to vote - off the top of my head, the total number is currently nearer to 500/600.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

StaceyH wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:27 pm 245 is only the number of members eligible to vote
Yes but hasn't it been well over 400 at one stage?