[ Sat 23rd Apr ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Apr ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Jazzy_10 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:13 pm
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:47 pm Home truths = what I say is right regarding how far from reality it is?
As I said (and please scroll up so you can see it again), just my opinion. Just like your opinion of how far from reality my opinion is…
Home truths have a very different definition to opinions, so which one are you going with?
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Fcuking hell that hurt didn't it, still gutted and down but we find a way to move on.
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Regarding our progress since being formed a pattern has emerged. One year at Step 6,two years at Step 5, three years at Step 4, and now four years at Step 3. So on that pattern we should have been promoted this season. But the previous two seasons were written off due to Covid. So if you follow my logic Burgess has two seasons to get us promoted to National League North/South.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

It is good to see players posting on twitter plus Bully's post match interview. It suggests they care and want to try again. I think we can take it for granted that Snedker Collard and FBT are going to be target's for Tamworth and possibly a new. Step 2 club. I would dearly love to see Deacon return to the club that appreciated him, what a waste he has been at K*ttering. But he also will be a target for Tamworth. I had an interesting conversation yesterday regarding Burgess and Glovers contacts with a club member so I am confident we will have another good season albeit without some familiar faces.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:59 pm Regarding our progress since being formed a pattern has emerged. One year at Step 6,two years at Step 5, three years at Step 4, and now four years at Step 3. So on that pattern we should have been promoted this season. But the previous two seasons were written off due to Covid. So if you follow my logic Burgess has two seasons to get us promoted to National League North/South.
We were one of the bigger/biggest sides at Step 6, 5 and 4. We aren't at step 3. So your "logic" goes out the window I'm afraid. :cheesy:
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

The pattern of progression is consistent though which is the main point I was making. We get to Step 2 in 2024, Step 1 in 2030, Return to EFL in 2037, you can work it out when we reach Premiership, I think I may have departed this world by then!! 😢.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:19 am I think I may have departed this world by then!! 😢.
Wow, your on the first Mars Mission then, Cool
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
SimonHillington9
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by SimonHillington9 »

Look we are all on this forum because we want the best for the club, and some of us might have opinions which ain’t sugarcoated. But seems like there are a group of gatekeepers who want to sit in an echo chamber. Are opinions only valid if you have ticket stubs from the 92 season. I have a feeling that some just want to keep the inner circle the same
If you want the rainbow, youve got to put up with the rain
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

SimonHillington9 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:54 pm Look we are all on this forum because we want the best for the club, and some of us might have opinions which ain’t sugarcoated. But seems like there are a group of gatekeepers who want to sit in an echo chamber. Are opinions only valid if you have ticket stubs from the 92 season. I have a feeling that some just want to keep the inner circle the same
It’s all gone a bit Qanon
Easton Diamond
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

Having let the dust settle after Saturday it’s still a huge disappointment the way the season has come to an end. I still can’t believe we haven’t got at least one more match to play. There’s no escaping the fact that we just didn’t turn up in the last two games when everything was on the line. It’s galling that we haven’t been able to finish the job considering the opportunity we had against St. Ives and Nuneaton. That’s just the way football goes sometimes. After 40 games you deserve to be exactly where you end up. Massive credit must go to Alvechurch who applied continuous pressure on us over the final few games and slowly but surely closed the gap. They just kept on pushing right until the end and you have to commend them for that.

Let’s be realistic, the arrival of Ty Deacon was the only reason why we had any chance whatsoever of reaching the play-offs in the first place. We lost him at a crucial time and unfortunately we couldn’t get in an adequate replacement. We were forced to alter our tactical approach to games and in truth it never really bore fruit. If Jordan Graham had been fully fit then I’m certain things would’ve been different. I’m just thankful that we don’t have fans like those that support Peterborough Sports and Nuneaton Borough, who light and throw flares onto the pitch. Absolute clowns.

So many great memories had including Liam’s thunderbolt at Tamworth, our many away wins (we finished with the third best away record in the league), the commentary from Joseph and Ollie on our winner at Hednesford and seeing us go from relegation candidates to promotion hopefuls. It was a rollercoaster as usual! I’m sure the crowds will return to something like normal in 2022/23 as well. The average attendance for our eight home league games this year is over 500 which is much more like what you’d expect.

After the two Coronavirus affected seasons it’s just been great to go and watch local football again and support our beloved AFC Rushden & Diamonds home and away once more. At least the season was completed this time. It’s certainly never dull supporting this club and I’m very proud of what we’ve achieved this campaign. I’m already looking forward to next season when we’ll do it all over again!