Who may go and Who may stay

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Who may go and Who may stay

Post by sussexdiamond »

I am not expecting more than 6 or 7 of our existing squad to start next season.

Definitely not required will be Snelus, Johnson, DiaKiesse and Bush, the latter could join up with his old mate Chris Nunn at Kempston.
Snedker, Collard, Casey and FBT I am pretty sure will be Tamworth bound (along with Ty Deacon) or National League North.
The ones I think Burge will want to keep are: Warburton, Slinn, Hughes, Akubine, Shamsi, Tshikuna and Graham .
I would not be surprised if Burgess did not pursue Nixon, George, Furlong, Diamond or Jones.
I really dont know about Dolman, it probably depends on what other offers he receives.
I also think we will have completely new coaching staff and more use of the Under 21 's and Under 23 's .

These are just my personal thoughts I have no inside information.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: Who may go and Who may stay

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:08 pm I am not expecting more than 6 or 7 of our existing squad to start next season.

Definitely not required will be Snelus, Johnson, DiaKiesse and Bush, the latter could join up with his old mate Chris Nunn at Kempston.
Snedker, Collard, Casey and FBT I am pretty sure will be Tamworth bound (along with Ty Deacon) or National League North.
The ones I think Burge will want to keep are: Warburton, Slinn, Hughes, Akubine, Shamsi, Tshikuna and Graham .
I would not be surprised if Burgess did not pursue Nixon, George, Furlong, Diamond or Jones.
I really dont know about Dolman, it probably depends on what other offers he receives.
I also think we will have completely new coaching staff and more use of the Under 21 's and Under 23 's .

It's been abundantly clear down the years that you do have inside information. I guess the question is - is the source of that info now at Tamworth!? If so your comments about players going to Tamworth might hold merit although I must say I'd be surprised if Peaks comes in for one or two of those you've suggested given the resources we expect are available to him.

I'm expecting wholesale changes this summer. I don't necessarily want there to be but just a hunch.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:08 pm I am not expecting more than 6 or 7 of our existing squad to start next season.

What I want and what I expect are two completely different things for sure, but what I expect is that we'll lose sneds to a team in a higher league and quite possibly paddy too.

Peaks will come in for sure and I think Bully and Alex will be high on that list.

We'll also do well to keep hold of Fernando.

The players you mention as surplus to requirements I'd agree with, but I'd add Slinn to that list aswell.

For me, we need to be keeping hold of Nathan, Ravi and Connor and I genuinely believe of Jordan Graham can find a home and some fitness there's a definite player there who can fill the hole left by Ty (who for the record I wouldn't want back)

Warburton has come on leaps and bounds and could definitely progress at this level given the form he's shown second half of the year. I'd like us to keep hold of Jesse and Ben Diamond aswell.

The worry is that we'll lose 4 of our back 5 tough and that isn't easy to replace.

I trust Burgess and he clearly has has contacts at higher levels to potentially get quality youth in on loan, so I guess we'll have to see what he can bring. My worry would be that in his short time here he hasn't shown much of a mind for the defensive side of the game, so creating a stable back 4 will be a big challenge.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

It will be interesting to see when Burgess announces new signings as Peaks never revealed much until a couple of weeks before the season started always preferring to just call them trialists. We may well hear of departures from the players themselves or their new club making announcements via twitter. It is not usual practise to issue a retained list. Certainly Burgess has a very busy summer ahead.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

rdusher wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:40 pm

What I want and what I expect are two completely different things for sure, but what I expect is that we'll lose sneds to a team in a higher league and quite possibly paddy too.

Peaks will come in for sure and I think Bully and Alex will be high on that list.

We'll also do well to keep hold of Fernando.

The players you mention as surplus to requirements I'd agree with, but I'd add Slinn to that list aswell.

For me, we need to be keeping hold of Nathan, Ravi and Connor and I genuinely believe of Jordan Graham can find a home and some fitness there's a definite player there who can fill the hole left by Ty (who for the record I wouldn't want back)

Warburton has come on leaps and bounds and could definitely progress at this level given the form he's shown second half of the year. I'd like us to keep hold of Jesse and Ben Diamond aswell.

The worry is that we'll lose 4 of our back 5 tough and that isn't easy to replace.

I trust Burgess and he clearly has has contacts at higher levels to potentially get quality youth in on loan, so I guess we'll have to see what he can bring. My worry would be that in his short time here he hasn't shown much of a mind for the defensive side of the game, so creating a stable back 4 will be a big challenge.
Completely agree with this. Feel potentially losing 4 of back five could be a major issue. Also feel that Burge could assist himself by appointing a defensive coach too. Would love Bully to be player / coach but I suspect a final fling on top money at Tamworth may be hard to resist 🤔🤨
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:19 pm It will be interesting to see when Burgess announces new signings as Peaks never revealed much until a couple of weeks before the season
You’ve completely overlooked that it is totally pointless the Club announcing any new signings until the 1st July unless the player(s) in question have been put on a formal contract.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Trek wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:21 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:19 pm It will be interesting to see when Burgess announces new signings as Peaks never revealed much until a couple of weeks before the season
You’ve completely overlooked that it is totally pointless the Club announcing any new signings until the 1st July unless the player(s) in question have been put on a formal contract.
I've not overlooked that point. But it doesn't stop clubs announcing signings long before July. As we know players often change their mind closer to the seasons start date. The point I was making is that Peaksy always played things very close to his chest and it was usually August before any announcements.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I agree with those you mentioned as not required.

We’d do well to keep hold of Snedker, Collard, Casey, and Fernando, not sure where they are based, all depends if they’d be willing travel up to Tamworth each week if that’s where they will end up.
Agree with those you feel Burge will keep, I’d also like to see George, Furlong, Diamond and Jones added to that list. I believe Ben’s job is based in Northamptonshire, so he may stick around.

I’d expect around 4 or 5 new signings, possibly more depending on how many leave.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Players come and players go, that’s the nature of the game - I never enter into speculation like this because I think it can be unsettling for players to read about who we’d like to see gone and who we’d like to stay! Whoever pulls the shirt on gets my support.

Burge has got the job and I trust him to pull together a side capable of competing, the rest is pointless speculation, guesswork and personally, I find it counterproductive.

There will be changes I’m sure - hopefully they will enable us to be competitive. We’ve got a decent squad and I’d like to see a lot of them remain - there is a good squad feeling with these boys, a real togetherness, and I think they’ll want to prove something to us next season.

One thing I do know - I’m missing football like crazy already!!!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Pigman wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:56 pm
One thing I do know - I’m missing football like crazy already!!!
Only 87 days to go. Even less if you count pre season.