[ Sat 2nd Jul ] v Kempston Rovers, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Jul ] v Kempston Rovers, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

You can never read anything in to pre-season, especially the first game. Plenty of good and plenty of bad for Burge to digest. Kempston could quite easily have had 5 or 6 on another day.

I was impressed by the left sided centre back in the second half and thought the blonde haired chap in the front 3 was definitely worth another look. Right wing back in the first half wasn't bad either. The striker from the first half looked like a world beater in the warmup but didn't see much of the ball when the game started.

In terms of identifying anyone I could only get one of them besides Hicks. The lad in the middle of the back 3 has links to other local sides and played against us last season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Andy didn't look to happy throughout that interview but that's a good thing, he said himself that he's frustrated so it's nice to see he's not the type of manager who thinks it's just a friendly so doesn't matter. Another positive from the interview is how he says he didn't want to put square pegs in round holes, something I totally agree with as it's unfair on trialists to have them in and not play them in their favoured position.

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:15 pm Alvin in his post match interview.
Ex Bedford I think.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Adrian wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:34 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:15 pm Alvin in his post match interview.
Ex Bedford I think.
Ah, got him too thanks to that clue. Sketchy playing history, looks like he hasn't played at this level before.

TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Never like to judge a player off one preseason game, particularly the first one. But..

I thought the F1 Driver striker in the first half looks a real player, given the service. I’d snap him up tomorrow.

Didn’t think much to the chipmunk at rwb first half. Thought his replacement in the second half was much better- although he looked as if he may have been plying out of position.

There’s a player in LWB who I’ve seen locally recently.

Liked the left centre half, second half- looked composed.

Not sure about the other two. Both units. The young chef looked like the sort of playing centre half fresh out of an academy. Or on an immaculate university surface.

Hicks- sign him up. But offer him £20 less than he wants for jumping ship last time.

19 blonde lad was everywhere and tried hard but looked liked he’d over enjoyed his holidays.

Looking forward to seeing the Viking centre half at Stamford.

If/when sneds stops leading us along, then I’d get the former Rushden Ramsdale in quite happily.

16 not good enough.

Fraser was good, needs to hit the weights.

What’s happening with Jonesy?

Paddy back next game?

FBT signing after his travels?

Connor looks sharp.

John West, still strong as an ox. About time he signed on- owes us another season imo

Ben Diamond?

Jesse looked good
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by real diamond »

Apologies- post deleted
Last edited by real diamond on Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

real diamond wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:35 pm Not sure referring anyone to a “chipmunk” is what any of us want to read on here.
His name's Alvin....

Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

real diamond wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:35 pm Not sure referring anyone to a “chipmunk” is what any of us want to read on here.
I take it you haven't seen or heard of Alvin and the chipmunks then
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Apology accepted :good:
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:30 am Never like to judge a player off one preseason game, particularly the first one. But..

I thought the F1 Driver striker in the first half looks a real player, given the service. I’d snap him up tomorrow.

Didn’t think much to the chipmunk at rwb first half. Thought his replacement in the second half was much better- although he looked as if he may have been plying out of position.

There’s a player in LWB who I’ve seen locally recently.

Liked the left centre half, second half- looked composed.

Not sure about the other two. Both units. The young chef looked like the sort of playing centre half fresh out of an academy. Or on an immaculate university surface.

Hicks- sign him up. But offer him £20 less than he wants for jumping ship last time.

19 blonde lad was everywhere and tried hard but looked liked he’d over enjoyed his holidays.

Looking forward to seeing the Viking centre half at Stamford.

If/when sneds stops leading us along, then I’d get the former Rushden Ramsdale in quite happily.

16 not good enough.

Fraser was good, needs to hit the weights.

What’s happening with Jonesy?

Paddy back next game?

FBT signing after his travels?

Connor looks sharp.

John West, still strong as an ox. About time he signed on- owes us another season imo

Ben Diamond?

Jesse looked good
If agree with mostly all of this. Not sure if Snelus gets in the team anywhere for me. I know he didn't really get a crack last season, but yesterday again he didn't do a thing. Reminds me of Dec Rogers minus the end product