Announcing players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Announcing players

Post by Adrian »

Perhaps there is something a club can put in place to ensure they don't end up with egg on their face.

Tamworth have announced the signing of Alex Bradley from Yeovil Town, a decent capture.

Let's hope someone from Solihull Moors FC is reading and can get them to sign him up in the next 36 hours to ensure Tamworth don't completely run away with the league this season like.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Mad Dog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:45 pm
rdusher wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:31 pm
As for the silence though, there's plenty the club good have done on social media to build engagement and keep people interested. I even sent forward a suggestion to a board member who deals with the social media of some ideas we could maybe put out, and wasn't even gifted any form of reply. If there was a dialogue opened I would have even happily done a lot of the legwork myself, but once again, suggestions from outside the chosen few of the board are completely ignored.

We have to be the only "fan owned club" who don't listen to the voice of the fans
I’m aware an email address was passed onto you but I’ve not seen an email with ideas for social media.
No email address was passed on to me at all
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

rdusher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:01 am
Mad Dog wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:45 pm
rdusher wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:31 pm
As for the silence though, there's plenty the club good have done on social media to build engagement and keep people interested. I even sent forward a suggestion to a board member who deals with the social media of some ideas we could maybe put out, and wasn't even gifted any form of reply. If there was a dialogue opened I would have even happily done a lot of the legwork myself, but once again, suggestions from outside the chosen few of the board are completely ignored.

We have to be the only "fan owned club" who don't listen to the voice of the fans
I’m aware an email address was passed onto you but I’ve not seen an email with ideas for social media.
No email address was passed on to me at all
I’ve just sent you it via DM
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Just because we did it a certain way in the past doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do ongoing, I was just explaining why we did it in the past. We even asked the players for confirmation we could announce it which they agreed to before changing their minds. The other thing it does do is alert teams who have a good budget to contact the player who has agreed to stay and then offer him more.

A good example is Corby announced Jordan Macleod yesterday, surely a player better than step 4, it could alert someone with a good budget who wants to bolster their attacking options (say someone like Tamworth) who could approach him and offer more and he could sign there before Friday. (This is just a hypothetical by the way)

I also cast my mind back to when the old club was in the league and there was lots of speculation about players which kept people interested during the summer, we are at a different level now and things don’t work the same.

Am sure the club will take on board the views on here though as I completely understand the frustration, as now I’m not party to what’s happening, I’m the same.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

Just an idea but what about posting photos from pre-season training of some of the players, nothing needs to be announced as to whether they are confirmed to be playing this season or not officially. But the hype and gossip built up from it can only be a good thing, every single club I follow has posted at least some pre-season content all I've seen from us is a couple of articles from AB in the Northants Telegraph (which is definitely better than nothing so fair play to him for providing that)

Building a fan base is about momentum, attendances started to build at the back end of the season due to our play off push. The season then ended and very little has been done to keep fan engagement up. We need to make it a habit of our fans to be thinking about and talking about the club otherwise they are more likely to drift away and then only turn up for the big games (which without having K*ttering in our league and the awful cup runs in recent seasons have been rare).

When I was younger (2008-2011 seasons) I always look forward to new articles being posted on the RDFC website with player or management interviews and announcements of signings. Perhaps I'm looking back with rose-tinted spectacles but I think the club provided better first team news back then before social media even really existed to the extent it does now then we do these days.

We've posted about 5 times on instagram since the season ended, if you need help with this and would consider posting some behind the scenes training content then let me know.

Sounds like AB is really pushing the club forward from a coaching point of view so now it's time we became more like a professional club with our social media interaction as well.
FuriousHoon / Ollie