[ Tue 5th Jul ] v MK Dons, KO 7:30pm PSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Re: [ Tue 5th Jul ] v MK Dons, KO 7:30pm PSF HOME

Post by rdusher »

The 5 and 3 who have both signed looked decent. Pleased with both of them. I like the look of the big CB who came on second half (14?) Second time I've seen him and I thought both times he's looked ok. I really want to believe there's a player in 9, but he can't play as a lone striker, he needs someone there with him. The 18 last night has looked good both times he's played, would like to see him sign. Sneds needs to sign, would keep Tshikuna again if he wants to stay, and I think there's a squad role for Hicks. Connor a cut above and I'm liking what Ryan Hughes could give us this season. Still some trialists that are a million miles off and another 60 minutes from Snelus that provided absolutely nothing.

Bring FBT back in with Jesse and Hicks and I'm happy with centre of park. Looks like a back four of Paddy, Big number 5 (Evan) Hughes and Courtney does a job. Connor nailed on as a key player for the season who looks like he's enjoying his football. Get the top of the field sorted and there's the start of something in there as an XI.

I'm choosing to remain optimistic. I don't think we embarrassed ourselves last night, despite the score, and we've tested ourselves against a decent side, in comparison to last season when we were playing kempston and eynesbury.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Sneds
Fossen Hughes Evan
Casey Hicks Jesse Lashley
Furlong Tsikuna
Cooper

North
Cook
Alvin
FBT
Snelus
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Excellent attendance last night, even though most were MK fans. Let's hope for similar against Cobblers and Luton. How are the gate receipts split? Would be nice to think we keep it all after expenses.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post Match pitch recovery & watering. MarkP has cut pitch and got the sprinklers on for post match recovery now.

afcrdhr20220706.jpg
afcrdhr20220706.jpg (4.62 MiB) Viewed 1033 times
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:39 am Excellent attendance last night, even though most were MK fans. Let's hope for similar against Cobblers and Luton. How are the gate receipts split? Would be nice to think we keep it all after expenses.
Was the attendance announced? I can’t see anything on Twitter?

I wouldn’t have thought gate receipts for friendly games are split between teams, that’s only the case for FA Cup games, and possibly FA Trophy games as well, as far as I’m aware.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:24 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:39 am Excellent attendance last night, even though most were MK fans. Let's hope for similar against Cobblers and Luton. How are the gate receipts split? Would be nice to think we keep it all after expenses.
Was the attendance announced? I can’t see anything on Twitter?

I wouldn’t have thought gate receipts for friendly games are split between teams, that’s only the case for FA Cup games, and possibly FA Trophy games as well, as far as I’m aware.
Attendance announced on Twitter as 862
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Make no mistake, in all the years of watching Rushden/ R&D /AFC I think this is the hardest pre season in trying to put a team together I have seen. Even our first season of AFC we had a good pool of local players to choose from. This is tough, going to be a real test to build a team. Some positives so far but I think we are going to need to find at least 2 “star” players to add the wow factor. The likes of a Ravi or fairlamb type player.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

fentiger79 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:02 pm Make no mistake, in all the years of watching Rushden/ R&D /AFC I think this is the hardest pre season in trying to put a team together I have seen. Even our first season of AFC we had a good pool of local players to choose from. This is tough, going to be a real test to build a team. Some positives so far but I think we are going to need to find at least 2 “star” players to add the wow factor. The likes of a Ravi or fairlamb type player.
I think Connor is there to be the star player. I'd be more happy to give opportunities to young hungry players than to sell ourselves to mercenaries like Luke Fairlamb just because they live locally
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I am hoping Ravi has not deserted us. I believe he is taking longer than expected to recover from his injury. When he sees us unbeaten by October he will be keen to be part of the Burge revolution.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I am hoping Ravi has not deserted us. I believe he is taking longer than expected to recover from his injury. When he sees us unbeaten by October he will be keen to be part of the Burge revolution.