[ Sat 9th Jul ] v Stamford AFC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 9th Jul ] v Stamford AFC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Andy speaks to AFCRDTV

diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Biggles wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:48 pm If you listen and watch the interview, AB was actually shocked at the display and as he said he was embarrassed, only a few players were worthy of any praise.

I think the telling bit of the Interview was when AB remarked we maybe need a couple more MEN, i think that sums it up really
Yes knew exactly what he was saying . Trouble is AB talks a good game, exceptionally good!!!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

At this point I'm not too concerned about results, nice though it is to win games. AB has already seen the issues and now needs to bring his contacts into work to add some steel to this team. Connor should be on the left wing to get the best out of his left foot and be practising his crossing. We need a similar right footed right winger and 2 big centre forwards who can out muscle defenders. If Jones is coming back then now is his time to fight for one of those places. Get it wide, get behind them and cross it in early.
AFC R & D member number 34
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Biggles wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:20 am Its back to my favorite word Reality, Most other teams in our League have a backbone of previous squad players from last Season which gives them all a very large advantage over us. We don't have a large checkbook to waft around in front of experienced players to lure them here and don't go on about
the Lottery money, its not like it brings in mega Bucks and can buy us a whole team and you have to keep some in reserve in case of need later.

When Peaks left it was a gimme virtually all our experienced players would form a orderly queue up to Tamworth it probably was only League rules
that prevented them going last season on mass to Tamworth.

We now have a total rebuild and AB has to evaluate players in these early games and i think to his disappointment that some of the players that have been recommended have been very below par so far at least, so it will be a very hard slog to get a team together that gels and operates as a team, yesterday you saw a bunch of individuals not working together, not talking to each other or not encouraging each other i expect our Viking may put
some of that in but we need a couple more older heads to guide the younger players that we choose or loan for next season.

Please stop expecting miracles (although they do happen) that we will be a a full working unit by the season start, AB has only a couple of days each week to work with them i expect a tough star to the season.
My favourite word “obviously” goes with your post.

Blah Blah Blah it’s so boring now. There’s other teams with the similar budget new mangers new players .
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:08 am At this point I'm not too concerned about results, nice though it is to win games. AB has already seen the issues and now needs to bring his contacts into work to add some steel to this team. Connor should be on the left wing to get the best out of his left foot and be practising his crossing. We need a similar right footed right winger and 2 big centre forwards who can out muscle defenders. If Jones is coming back then now is his time to fight for one of those places. Get it wide, get behind them and cross it in early.
You can’t say we need two big centre forwards to outmuscle the defenders of our league and then mention bringing Jones in, he’s the exact opposite.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Can we get a mic for manager interviews? I struggle to hear what Burge is saying.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

GreekDiamond wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:43 am
Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:08 am At this point I'm not too concerned about results, nice though it is to win games. AB has already seen the issues and now needs to bring his contacts into work to add some steel to this team. Connor should be on the left wing to get the best out of his left foot and be practising his crossing. We need a similar right footed right winger and 2 big centre forwards who can out muscle defenders. If Jones is coming back then now is his time to fight for one of those places. Get it wide, get behind them and cross it in early.
You can’t say we need two big centre forwards to outmuscle the defenders of our league and then mention bringing Jones in, he’s the exact opposite.
You make my point that if he's going to be a main striker now's the time to step up. He got height and a bit of pace but needs bulking up and some coaching but I'm sure there's a good player in him. AP's system didn't work for him, that's why he'd need a strike partner and a decent service IMO.
AFC R & D member number 34
Tideishigh

Post by Tideishigh »

I keep reading The Viking will sort this out but has anyone seen him play?am sure AB wouldn’t bring any dud in but don’t think we should be putting to much pressure on one player to help the team & why did we only have 4 on bench Saturday?
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Tideishigh wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:50 am I keep reading The Viking will sort this out but has anyone seen him play?am sure AB wouldn’t bring any dud in but don’t think we should be putting to much pressure on one player to help the team & why did we only have 4 on bench Saturday?
My thoughts exactly, I'm excited to see him play especially with his footballing history at pro level in various countries and hope it makes a difference, but to put all our hopes on one player who hasnt played in this league or even this country for a good few years is hopeful to say the least.

Just hope we as fans can lower our expectations this season, at step 4 or below I'm sure we could attract and build a competitive team from scratch in a short space of time quite easily, but this level is different, don't want to sound doom and gloom this early on, but I think realistically we just have to hope to consolidate our place at this level this season. I have every faith in what Burge is trying to achieve and I'm very impressed with his approach, but it's such a tall order to build a team pretty much from scratch with the resources we have.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I’m sure AB is totally aware that we are a long way off from being able to compete. The experience he has from last season will show him where we need to be and we do seem a long way off it. However that is only to be expected with the massive rebuild that he had to do. Add the Viking to the new signings and the defence is not too far away. Midfield you could have Jesse, FBT (when back) and Hicks. Still need at least one more but again not too far away. Our problem is most definitely at the top end of the pitch, need at least 2 more strikers and another winger. To get the ones that we need is not going to be easy or cheap. My hope is that we go for what we need from day 1 of the season and not build as we go. A good cup run is vital as always for us and getting knocked out in the 1st qualifying is a failure. To be fair our cup draws have been shocking so owed a decent run this year!