Lost [ Sat 1st Oct ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3:00pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Re: [ Sat 1st Oct ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3:00pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

Some observations on the game, this evening's announcement aside.

First half I though we actually played ok.

1st goal was a bit against the run of play - defence caught napping on a quick free quick, looked like they were expecting Ref would pull it back

Going into 2nd half, 2nd goal happened quickly, again it looked like everyone stopped expecting offside and watched the ball roll in.

From that point onwards, heads went down.

The few positives:

New centre back Bunga looks a decent player, clearly there were communication issues, as you'd expect for someone parachuted straight into the team - but if he gets time to form a partnership, could be a good addition.

We did create some nice moves down the right wing, if we could get someone up front with an ability to put the ball away, this could be built on.

Morgan Worsfold-Gregg did a decent job in a makeshift role in my opinion.

The negatives were many, and talked about on here already.
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

The highlights from Hednesford are on YouTube now.

Update to embedded link.
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

bloody hell I don’t even know where to star, going into a game that your job hangs in to get that performance, mistake after mistake, no fight, weak in tackles, it’s not just the result but the performance showed change was needed.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I no would say we have 6 maybe 7 players who are good enough.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

fentiger79 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:16 pm I no would say we have 6 maybe 7 players who are good enough.
You're probably right, but I don't think you can keep them all. If those 6 or 7 were to start regularly, you'd need some real quality to come in and improve the team. None of which we can afford or attract
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:55 pm
fentiger79 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:16 pm I no would say we have 6 maybe 7 players who are good enough.
You're probably right, but I don't think you can keep them all. If those 6 or 7 were to start regularly, you'd need some real quality to come in and improve the team. None of which we can afford or attract
9 for me although within that 9 I include Casey who I hope we can now tempt back, and Bunga who looked OK on Saturday amongst a sea of chaos. Not enough time to judge a player on but his recent experience at Step 2 suggests he'll be OK for us.

Whoever the incoming manager is would do well to bring a striker with appropriate experience in ASAP, and sort the defence out to give us half a chance.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Well the performances at Hednesford were below par all around the pitch, this can probably be seen in the highlights too.

The players were not playing for Burgess, they will play better this weekend.

The worrying thing on Saturday was even players we have thought were showing good signs - turned in bad performances, Fossen being one of them.

If you take a minute to imagine yourself as a player, imagine the pressure of being in a team at the bottom of the league, not winning, not scoring enough goals etc, the manager hammers you all in public etc - this doesn't motivate you.

Now imagine that player looks at the team sheet, a game against a rival relegation candidate... he sees Jenson Cooper on the bench, a player who poses a threat and at least gets opportunities to score... as a defender that has got to be demoralising, the added pressure of needing a result and the added pressure of one of the tools you need to do the job being left in the toolbox... hardly surprising everyone switched off apart from the new defender who was just keen to impress because he hadn't been here long enough to know about the toxicity in the squad/management.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Those highlights were more painful to watch second time around. Our defence is like a Sunday league teams on that showing. We actually had some joy down the right side through ngwa, but mainly because hednesford were not much better at the back. Just that they do have a goalscorer in lit a, which could get them out of trouble
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from AFCRDTV