[ CLUB STATEMENT ] UPDATE & EGM Wednesday November 2nd 7:30pm HAYDEN RD

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ CLUB STATEMENT ] UPDATE & EGM Wednesday November 2nd

Post by fentiger79 »

Happy to bring any evidence you need . I have my full collection of Rushden Town programmes from 1988 if proof be needed.
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:08 pm Surely we should not be accepting any new or renewed memberships from the time the forthcoming EGM was announced until after the EGM. Unless of course you want Trump or Putin as manager
Will be a massive step backwards doing this. The time is now to bring everyone together, and doing this would just create a massive divide.

I can imagine people old and new will be getting their memberships over the last few days, and paying their hard earned money for it because this is a critical point for the club, and they want a fair say and input. That’s something you can’t deny them simply because they weren’t a member before the EGM was announced.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:08 pm Surely we should not be accepting any new or renewed memberships from the time the forthcoming EGM was announced until after the EGM. Unless of course you want Trump or Putin as manager
In the past week our current manager, Richard Maxwell, has been called... toxic and a bully.... 2 words which describe Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin perfectly... surely that means we already have a Trump or Putin in charge :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Are we afraid of change?
The current members were reluctant to call a meeting a month or so ago when people could see how bad things were getting.
Some of the current members are also responsible for electing the board members which means they are also slightly responsible for the mess the board have got us into because they are the ones who put them on the board.

We need more members who are not just chasing nostalgia and voting for anything that connects us to the old club or appointing people who are 'friends of the club' because this is a football club, it's not the Tory party, if your Doctor resigns tonight - you cannot just hire a bus driver to diagnose his patients tomorrow instead, we need to be electing people we think are capable of running a football club or people who actually have some experience in running a sports club... "he's a nice fella, always polite" / "he's stood on the terraces every week since 1998" / "he used to sell match day programmes outside Nene Park" are not reasons to make someone a board member.

Three of Diamonds wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:21 pm Let's also be clear, Richard Maxwell (love or loathe him for whatever reason), is a club man through and through and deserves a fair hearing, let's not approach the opportunity with any axes to grind.
I don't know RM so it's no axe to grind with me, my issue is appointing a board member who has no experience of managing at this level or higher as manager, at the end of the day it took more than one person to give him the job which is why I think board members do need to hold a discussion with fans before the EGM.

David Bland has reached out on here today - I think that is unfair on him, should he be the only one spending his day off answering questions? no, David Bland alone didn't make the decisions - so the others should be answering questions too.

I wonder if they told him to suggest that the board meeting should not be used to ask why / how things have gotten so bad? a board who say they are going for an experienced manager but instead appoint a ball boy probably would try throwing another board member to the wolves if it takes the pressure off them.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:40 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:36 pm Hypothetically any person or persons with a vested interest could join now and skew any voting. If I were say a K*ttering supporter I could register any number of my mates to join and vote for Richard to stay as manager or even vote that the entire Board resign. I think you will find that what I suggested is standard practise in these circumstances.
I agree with you.
Entryism into a Community Benefit Society would be quite something.... If a load of people want to spend £25 a pop trying to influence a Step 3 football club, best of luck to them.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

For too long it's been a case of apathy when it comes to standing for a position on the board.

For many it's easier to stand and snipe. Being on the board is not easy in any shape or form. Be prepared to have a job that will take twenty plus hours out of whatever time you have in the working week, be prepared to have people stop you in the street and ask questions that you can't answer and be prepared to be shot down from at least one side every time you make a decision.

The current board resigning en masse would be wrong. You have people on the board with the experience to steady the ship. More importantly, if the current board don't stand will you get a minimum of six people prepared to stand and become the next custodians of the club? Previousnon-elections say probably not.
Last edited by SouthRushdenJFC on Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

NN10-Nige wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:38 pm
In the past week our current manager, Richard Maxwell, has been called... toxic and a bully.... 2 words which describe Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin perfectly... surely that means we already have a Trump or Putin in charge :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Are we afraid of change?
The current members were reluctant to call a meeting a month or so ago when people could see how bad things were getting.
Some of the current members are also responsible for electing the board members which means they are also slightly responsible for the mess the board have got us into because they are the ones who put them on the board.

We need more members who are not just chasing nostalgia and voting for anything that connects us to the old club or appointing people who are 'friends of the club' because this is a football club, it's not the Tory party, if your Doctor resigns tonight - you cannot just hire a bus driver to diagnose his patients tomorrow instead, we need to be electing people we think are capable of running a football club or people who actually have some experience in running a sports club... "he's a nice fella, always polite" / "he's stood on the terraces every week since 1998" / "he used to sell match day programmes outside Nene Park" are not reasons to make someone a board member.

Three of Diamonds wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:21 pm Let's also be clear, Richard Maxwell (love or loathe him for whatever reason), is a club man through and through and deserves a fair hearing, let's not approach the opportunity with any axes to grind.
I don't know RM so it's no axe to grind with me, my issue is appointing a board member who has no experience of managing at this level or higher as manager, at the end of the day it took more than one person to give him the job which is why I think board members do need to hold a discussion with fans before the EGM.

David Bland has reached out on here today - I think that is unfair on him, should he be the only one spending his day off answering questions? no, David Bland alone didn't make the decisions - so the others should be answering questions too.

I wonder if they told him to suggest that the board meeting should not be used to ask why / how things have gotten so bad? a board who say they are going for an experienced manager but instead appoint a ball boy probably would try throwing another board member to the wolves if it takes the pressure off them.
A week ago you claimed to be 'happy' with the appointment of Richard Maxwell. You're now calling him a 'ball boy', and criticising not just the board who appointed him, but the voting membership who elected the board (despite the fact that most of the board were never elected as we haven't had a contested election for a number of years).

I know football fans have a reputation for being fickle, but you take it to another level!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Tbf. My original comment about membership was a bit tongue in cheek to tease fentiger. But here's another one. What would be the reaction to Maxwells appointment if we beat Mickleover, Leiston and Bromsgrove before the EGM.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

davealbon wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:17 am
NN10-Nige wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:38 pm

Are we afraid of change?

A week ago you claimed to be 'happy' with the appointment of Richard Maxwell. You're now calling him a 'ball boy', and criticising not just the board who appointed him, but the voting membership who elected the board (despite the fact that most of the board were never elected as we haven't had a contested election for a number of years).

I know football fans have a reputation for being fickle, but you take it to another level!
I've been using this forum in its various guises for almost 20 years and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone make the immediate impact on it that NN10-Nige has!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:14 am Tbf. My original comment about membership was a bit tongue in cheek to tease fentiger. But here's another one. What would be the reaction to Maxwells appointment if we beat Mickleover, Leiston and Bromsgrove before the EGM.
Ha ha, you tease you! Personally I would still disagree with the appointment. Whilst any appointment is a gamble, this one is of the highest order and didn’t need to be. To win all those games is highly unlikely but just to cover myself I’m putting a 4 match winning accumulator on at the bookies!! 👍
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

3 match of course! 😂