Lost [ Tue 25th Oct ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Tue 25th Oct ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I find it bizarre that the club rejected Chris Nunn because he hasn’t got a UEFA B qualification! He’s been in management 20+ years surely that alone should be good enough? If the club were really wanting him to have that qualification then why not see if he’d be willing to work towards it? I’m no expert, but I’d imagine he could do it whilst he was managing the club.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:07 pm I find it bizarre that the club rejected Chris Nunn because he hasn’t got a UEFA B qualification! He’s been in management 20+ years surely that alone should be good enough? If the club were really wanting him to have that qualification then why not see if he’d be willing to work towards it? I’m no expert, but I’d imagine he could do it whilst he was managing the club.
I thinks its to do with loan players from League clubs, i'm sure someone said the coaching badge is essential otherwise you cannot have the loans, could be wrong.

I think we are trying to run before we walk in all this professional malarkey, maybe up a division or 2 and if we had bigger budget it would work
but for where we are we need good old level 3 players not a team of mainly just out of academy youths and academy youth loans.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Having a UEFA badge is just nonsense when it comes to appointing a manager for us at this level. Anyone can get one, doesn’t make you a good manager and is more tailored to coaching. Big difference between a coach and a manager. Just watched the highlights. From the clips shown it’s No tackles, no running with players, lack of shape, missed clearances. Pretty poor.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

that’s exactly where we are at now, it’s about points, nothing else. Get the new manager in, support them financially to get the right players in and give this one hell of a go.
Deryck
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Deryck »

Biggles wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:21 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:07 pm I find it bizarre that the club rejected Chris Nunn because he hasn’t got a UEFA B qualification! He’s been in management 20+ years surely that alone should be good enough? If the club were really wanting him to have that qualification then why not see if he’d be willing to work towards it? I’m no expert, but I’d imagine he could do it whilst he was managing the club.
I thinks its to do with loan players from League clubs, i'm sure someone said the coaching badge is essential otherwise you cannot have the loans, could be wrong.

I think we are trying to run before we walk in all this professional malarkey, maybe up a division or 2 and if we had bigger budget it would work
but for where we are we need good old level 3 players not a team of mainly just out of academy youths and academy youth loans.
So if you have a UEFA badge for goalkeeping, that means that League clubs can loan you outfield players? But 20+ years of experience managing and developing players means you can't? There's something not quite right there.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 506
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

ChappoC wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:52 pm
Ridiculous if it is any of those reasons though, as SRJFC says implementing a style of play on a team with 2 training sessions a week is an unrealistic dream, more so when you consider these are players that have jobs or studies during the day and since we have been in the relegation zone all season we are now in what Premier League clubs call 'Allardyce time' as in we can't afford to play pretty footy, we just need to get points on the board and if that means serving up ugly footy, I will have a large portion please.
This, 100 times this, ugly points winning football is essential now. I would happily watch us park the bus and get scrappy 1-0s right now, that is better than being relegation. There is no more room for 'the guys put in a shift' and 'they played better' if we lose, it is no good playing well for 20 minutes in the first half and 20 minutes in the second half and losing 5-1 as happened last night.

Forget 'professionalism', forget coaching badges, forget playing styles, what good is all that if we're relegated in miserable fashion as what we are heading for currently.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

who's got shank's number?
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's report

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Both club statements.

fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Just read the ET report. The manager didn’t think it was a 5-1 game!!!! What, I know I only watched the highlights but I suppose he is right, it should have been 10!!!