Lost [ Sat 12th Nov ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Nov ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by discodunk »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:43 pm
Basil wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:30 pm So my question is to fentiger79, you’re clear in your opinions of what’s going wrong at our wonderful club! Have you, or are you prepared to do anything about it? are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is or are you just gonna sit their behind a “keyboard warrior” name and do nothing! You can change the path that our club is currently heading down, but will you???
100% money where my mouth is.
so fentiger79,whats your plan,,,once again youve not answered the question,,,what are you doing? board or volunteering?
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:43 pm I forgot to add that just by our differing divided opinions on our current status shows that change is needed.
You could also say that your differing opinions shows that change isn't needed.

It's clear you want Maxwell to fail. Not sure that every single one of your posts needs to be so negative.

Are you putting yourself up for the Board?
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:16 pm
fentiger79 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:43 pm I forgot to add that just by our differing divided opinions on our current status shows that change is needed.

It's clear you want Maxwell to fail. Not sure that every single one of your posts needs to be so negative.

Are you putting yourself up for the Board?
It’s not about wanting Maxwell to fail. It’s a case of this shouldn’t have happened in the first place and to get out of trouble you need to give yourself every fighting chance. We have simply not done that.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

discodunk wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:14 pm
fentiger79 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:43 pm
Basil wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:30 pm So my question is to fentiger79, you’re clear in your opinions of what’s going wrong at our wonderful club! Have you, or are you prepared to do anything about it? are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is or are you just gonna sit their behind a “keyboard warrior” name and do nothing! You can change the path that our club is currently heading down, but will you???
100% money where my mouth is.
so fentiger79,whats your plan,,,once again youve not answered the question,,,what are you doing? board or volunteering?
Whatever is needed, that has been made known in my communication with the club over the past few weeks.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:16 pm

Not sure how that’s possible. Have you not read the socials, forum, been to the EGM and just had a general feel of the fans thoughts. A significant portion of the fanbase disagree with the appointment so you are saying that that’s reason for chamge not being needed.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I do have to say that what is concerning is that there are people who think that the appointment, the manager and the division within the fanbase is ok, acceptable, one of those things. That’s a huge concern and one that is weighing heavy on my decision to join the board and may ultimately decide against it. If we can’t fix the divide how do we move forward.
mattparker
Has Liked: 44 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

I would say, should you join the board, your only focus won’t be who is first team manager, it probably won’t be the most important thing you have to tackle either.
The minutes from the EGM are up on the members forum and they make for depressing reading
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:38 pm I do have to say that what is concerning is that there are people who think that the appointment, the manager and the division within the fanbase is ok, acceptable, one of those things. That’s a huge concern and one that is weighing heavy on my decision to join the board and may ultimately decide against it. If we can’t fix the divide how do we move forward.
10 minutes earlier you said whatever is needed!

Agree that it needs fixing, but that doesn't always mean that everything will go your way.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Totally agree. Although the decision on the manager has already been decided as the points target will take care of that. I was at the EGM and whilst there was some very sobering detail there was also lots of positives around the room which put into a ruin gives us a great opportunity. The foundations are achievable to get us out of this mess. A structured plan for the rest of this year and to the end of 2023/24 is a must.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:38 pm I do have to say that what is concerning is that there are people who think that the appointment, the manager and the division within the fanbase is ok, acceptable, one of those things. That’s a huge concern and one that is weighing heavy on my decision to join the board and may ultimately decide against it. If we can’t fix the divide how do we move forward.
If you join the board it will be to make the decisions that keep this club functioning. Sometimes that means people will only get a small percentage of the information available due to commercial confidentiality. That means you're going to have to put up with those criticisms people will throw at you anyway. Pigman was on the original board so knows the score and has the right to choose his method of support, as we all do. I hope you stand as a board member and do your best, it's all you can do. Hope to meet you on Wednesday.
AFC R & D member number 34