The Progress made to 200 matches....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

The Progress made to 200 matches....

Post by Rushdenjim »

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 80,00.html

The 800th game was a 3-2 defeat to St albans that put us in the conference relagation places! I know 200 matches is a long period of time but with, money twice maybe 3 times as tight as it was then, just makes JEMS work look EVEN more fabulous!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: The Progress made to 200 matches....

Post by Formic »

What a contrast that period was for the travelling Diamonds fans - the St Albans game was at least the third away game in the first few months of that season that we went in 3-0 down at Half-time. At least we did have a bit of a go in the second half against a very poor side, but if we hadn't brought in Graham Westley soon afterwards we would have been in a relegation battle for the rest of that season.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

That game still gives me nightmares, especially Tom Shaw's miss. I remember at the time being 'told' that part of the reason we were three down, is that Westley had just been unveiled to the players beforehand, although i'm sure that's completely untrue! Fairly sure it was the first game he saw of us too.

To be fair though, Tony Godden had just led us to victory against a Yeovil side that i think would have included a certain P*** T****. Whatever happened to him :lol:
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

jimbobjaw wrote: To be fair though, Tony Godden had just led us to victory against a Yeovil side that i think would have included a certain P*** T****. Whatever happened to him :lol:
And the 1-0 win over Oxford that ended their unbeaten run.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote: To be fair though, Tony Godden had just led us to victory against a Yeovil side that i think would have included a certain P*** T****. Whatever happened to him :lol:
And the 1-0 win over Oxford that ended their unbeaten run.
That was just after IIRC?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

jimbobjaw wrote:

That was in the January and Westley was the manager at that time.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Trek wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote:

No, no they're on about the other one, the one before Christmas, where Woodhouse(?) scored. :) That was at home under Godden, the Westley one was definately in January away with Beardsley getting the winner.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Mad Dog wrote:
Trek wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote:

No, no they're on about the other one, the one before Christmas, where Woodhouse(?) scored. :) That was at home under Godden, the Westley one was definately in January away with Beardsley getting the winner.
Yep, the home game was under TG before Christmas.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Mad Dog wrote:
Trek wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote:

At that time Woodhouse was a great signing for us as he scored some important goals and the team was built around him. How quickly that ship sank! :roll:
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:At that time Woodhouse was a great signing for us as he scored some important goals and the team was built around him. How quickly that ship sank! :roll:
TO be fair, even at the start of last season, Woodhouse was an outstanding signing for us in my eyes. As you say, how things change!