Helen on Radio Northampton Sport Tonight

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
MEMAN53

Helen on Radio Northampton Sport Tonight

Post by MEMAN53 »

Anybody else hear Helen tonight on the radio?

She was delighted that the Diamonds had made the play-offs on the 4th lowest Budget in the Blue Square league, and that at the start of the season they did not expect this, although Justin had aspirations to do so.

Thanked all the staff and volunteers for all their hard work throughout the season.

The entire squad had overperformd, particularly the young players brought in by Justin.

When asked if a deal to keep Justin was on the cards, she said she had believed a deal had been sorted by Keith Cousins but was rather coy and said the BBC should ask Keith about it!

Was very sorry to hear of K*ttering's financial problems and although they are local rivals, they are friends with their Board and wish them well for the future and hope they pull through their current problems. She even suggested we did not have any financial issues !!!!

Interesting...................
JamesRDFC

Re: Helen on Radio Northampton Sport Tonight

Post by JamesRDFC »

MEMAN53 wrote:Anybody else hear Helen tonight on the radio?

She was delighted that the Diamonds had made the play-offs on the 4th lowest Budget in the Blue Square league, and that at the start of the season they did not expect this, although Justin had aspirations to do so.
I honestly find that hard to beleive. If that is true then f*** me, that makes the job JE/MS have done unbelievable. But do we really have a budget lower than most of Grays, Forest Green, Salisbury, Histon, Tamworth, Gateshead, Ebbsfleet, Barrow, Hayes & Yeading and Altrincham? Oh and Crawley, whose budget is 20p and a packet of Smarties, according to Steve Evans.
MEMAN53 wrote:
When asked if a deal to keep Justin was on the cards, she said she had believed a deal had been sorted by Keith Cousins but was rather coy and said the BBC should ask Keith about it!

She even suggested we did not have any financial issues !!!!

Interesting...................
Those are fantastic pieces of news though :D
Last edited by JamesRDFC on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

Was it on "Monday Night Sport" btw or the news? Will have to check it out on iPlayer

MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

Monday Night Sport. First main item.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

JamesRDFC wrote:I honestly find that hard to beleive. If that is true then f*** me, that makes the job JE/MS have done unbelievable. But do we really have a budget lower than all of Grays, Forest Green, Salisbury, Histon, Tamworth, Gateshead, Ebbsfleet, Barrow, Hayes & Yeading and Altrincham? Oh and Crawley, whose budget is 20p and a packet of Smarties, according to Steve Evans.
Yeah i very much doubt we are the fourth lowest budget in the league somehow!

By any chance did she thank the fans? :roll:
Last edited by jimbobjaw on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

Has been put on the iPlayer now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00771jj

Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

jimbobjaw wrote:
JamesRDFC wrote:I honestly find that hard to beleive. If that is true then f*** me, that makes the job JE/MS have done unbelievable. But do we really have a budget lower than all of Grays, Forest Green, Salisbury, Histon, Tamworth, Gateshead, Ebbsfleet, Barrow, Hayes & Yeading and Altrincham? Oh and Crawley, whose budget is 20p and a packet of Smarties, according to Steve Evans.

Why does she have to thank the fans?? She thanked the volunteers (who are fans) and made a point of recognising the fact that the 1000 or so hardcore support had come through 4 hard years, but why should she need to thank anyone other than those involved in making this happen? :?

I thought it was an excellent interview and Helen represented the club really professionally, no need to have a dig at her at all !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

jimbobjaw wrote:By any chance did she thank the fans? :roll:
How often does Helen get thanked for the work that she does for the club? :roll:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

davealbon wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote:By any chance did she thank the fans? :roll:
How often does Helen get thanked for the work that she does for the club? :roll:
I thanked her when I interviewed her for Leeds Student last year.... :P

However that may have been the last time.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

PigmanRDFC wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote:

Why does she have to thank the fans?? She thanked the volunteers (who are fans) and made a point of recognising the fact that the 1000 or so hardcore support had come through 4 hard years, but why should she need to thank anyone other than those involved in making this happen? :?

I thought it was an excellent interview and Helen represented the club really professionally, no need to have a dig at her at all !!
Agreed Pigman.

In addition why question the budget level - who is closer to the knowledge on this, Helen or you James, or you Jimbo?

I'm astounded quite frankly at the number of generally disgruntled comments I am coming across on various threads since we achieved playoff status - unbelievable - anyone would think we had just been relegated and must therefore pick up on every little niggle and issue possible.

Bloody well enjoy the moment people, I'm pig sick over the past 4 months or so as due to work commitments I have been unable to get to any bar 1 game - how I would have loved to have seen some of our performances and the playoff party.
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx