Helen on Radio Northampton Sport Tonight

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Helen on Radio Northampton Sport Tonight

Post by Mad Dog »

CountHermanDeBanker wrote: I'm astounded quite frankly at the number of generally disgruntled comments I am coming across on various threads since we achieved playoff status - unbelievable - anyone would think we had just been relegated and must therefore pick up on every little niggle and issue possible.

Bloody well enjoy the moment people, I'm pig sick over the past 4 months or so as due to work commitments I have been unable to get to any bar 1 game - how I would have loved to have seen some of our performances and the playoff party.
Probably withdrawal symptoms that we're not having a crap season for the first time in 6 years! ;)

On a serious note, I'm finding it very, very hard not to get carried away. It's been a crazy season when you think about it, a complete U-turn of previous years.

Also fantastic to hear the the Luton game will very likely be sold out! :shock: :D If you haven't got a ticket then get one for the debank asap! Sounds like the only part of the ground you might be able to get a ticket! :D :shock:
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Mad Dog wrote:
CountHermanDeBanker wrote: Also fantastic to hear the the Luton game will very likely be sold out! :shock: :D If you haven't got a ticket then get one for the debank asap! Sounds like the only part of the ground you might be able to get a ticket! :D :shock:
Crap! I totally forgot to get mine, hope there's some left tomorrow!, or am i panicking too much? I'll try and get down tomorrow regardless. Don't want to miss that game!
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Fantastic achievement by all involved - really makes me feel proud to be a part of this club.
Well done Keith Cousins, Helen Thompson, all the backroom staff, volunteers, Trust members, the 1000 hardcore fans and not least of all - the PLAYERS, MANAGER and COACHING staff that have made this a brilliant season.
No matter how well we do from now on I will remember this season for being a beacon to gather round in all those past seasons of despair (and possible ones to come). Will keep me going for a long time.
Again well done Justin and Michael - and a special mention to Simon who has been here through thick and thin, like the loyal thousand in the stands.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

CountHermanDeBanker wrote:In addition why question the budget level - who is closer to the knowledge on this, Helen or you James, or you Jimbo?
You're quite right, i have absolutely no idea about the comparative budgets, i'm merely saying i find it hard believe
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

jimbobjaw wrote:
CountHermanDeBanker wrote:In addition why question the budget level - who is closer to the knowledge on this, Helen or you James, or you Jimbo?
You're quite right, i have absolutely no idea about the comparative budgets, i'm merely saying i find it hard believe
But what reason would she have to lie?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Nice to see Helen get some recognition on this thread for all the hard work she has put in. It wasn't that long ago when she was the target of a lot of criticism.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

jimbobjaw wrote: You're quite right, I have absolutely no idea about the comparative budgets, i'm merely saying i find it hard believe
Are the playing budgets of BSP clubs in the public domain?
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

CountHermanDeBanker wrote:
PigmanRDFC wrote:
Why does she have to thank the fans?? She thanked the volunteers (who are fans) and made a point of recognising the fact that the 1000 or so hardcore support had come through 4 hard years, but why should she need to thank anyone other than those involved in making this happen? :?

I thought it was an excellent interview and Helen represented the club really professionally, no need to have a dig at her at all !!
Agreed Pigman.

In addition why question the budget level - who is closer to the knowledge on this, Helen or you James, or you Jimbo?

I'm astounded quite frankly at the number of generally disgruntled comments I am coming across on various threads since we achieved playoff status - unbelievable - anyone would think we had just been relegated and must therefore pick up on every little niggle and issue possible.

Bloody well enjoy the moment people, I'm pig sick over the past 4 months or so as due to work commitments I have been unable to get to any bar 1 game - how I would have loved to have seen some of our performances and the playoff party.
Don't take what I said the wrong way. I'm not saying HT is lying, it may well be true (of course I have no idea), all I was saying is I'm amazed if it is. To be honest JE/MS deserve to be knighted for the job they have done if it is.

It wasn't supposed to come across as a dig at HT in any way, I have massive respect for her for everything she has done for the club.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Isn't Helen or someone from our club on the conference board, so would have knowledge to all the budgets as the clubs have to send in their business plans/budgets to the board prior the seasons start.

Remember in football it is quite easy to spend lots of money on players wages and achieve diddly squat and even end up in the bottom half of the table.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

JamesRDFC wrote:
CountHermanDeBanker wrote:
PigmanRDFC wrote:
Why does she have to thank the fans?? She thanked the volunteers (who are fans) and made a point of recognising the fact that the 1000 or so hardcore support had come through 4 hard years, but why should she need to thank anyone other than those involved in making this happen? :?

I thought it was an excellent interview and Helen represented the club really professionally, no need to have a dig at her at all !!
Agreed Pigman.

In addition why question the budget level - who is closer to the knowledge on this, Helen or you James, or you Jimbo?

I'm astounded quite frankly at the number of generally disgruntled comments I am coming across on various threads since we achieved playoff status - unbelievable - anyone would think we had just been relegated and must therefore pick up on every little niggle and issue possible.

Don't take what I said the wrong way. I'm not saying HT is lying, it may well be true (of course I have no idea), all I was saying is I'm amazed if it is. To be honest JE/MS deserve to be knighted for the job they have done if it is.
Agreed, i'm not saying HT would lie at all.