Helen on Radio Northampton Sport Tonight

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Helen on Radio Northampton Sport Tonight

Post by Rushdenjim »

all but 100 seats gone for the luton game, surely not? :?
ID

Post by ID »

Really? I doubt the PDB will sell out, but it'll be great to see the stadium that full.

Wondering whether I should splash out and try to make the game now....
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Irish Diamond wrote:Really? I doubt the PDB will sell out, but it'll be great to see the stadium that full.

Wondering whether I should splash out and try to make the game now....
Go for it ID.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
ID

Post by ID »

It is my birthday soon, so I'll have some extra cash :D

Think I'll go for it 8-)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Helen Thopmson wrote:We've had four years of awful football, if we're honest. But now we're enjoying and supporting being in the play-offs.
To be fair, never a truer word spoken!
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Got my 3 today for the De Banke, didn't hear how many had gone, but was told by me old man that they're selling fast. I think we're deffo looking at an almost if not Sell Out Crowd, which will be a fantastic sight, let's hope we can compete singing wise.

On another note my two Luton town mates, seem to reckon that it'll be a reserve match, well, they feel that they wont play a decent side against us. Do you think this could be a good thing going into the playoffs, or do you feel we should punish them again, so if we do meet, they may have an element of fear facing us? I feel we've got to go for the double over them surely?
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:Got my 3 today for the De Banke, didn't hear how many had gone, but was told by me old man that they're selling fast. I think we're deffo looking at an almost if not Sell Out Crowd, which will be a fantastic sight, let's hope we can compete singing wise.

On another note my two Luton town mates, seem to reckon that it'll be a reserve match, well, they feel that they wont play a decent side against us. Do you think this could be a good thing going into the playoffs, or do you feel we should punish them again, so if we do meet, they may have an element of fear facing us? I feel we've got to go for the double over them surely?
I think we shoudl try and put out as strong a side as possible so that we can try and get the double over them for two reasons. Firstly, the psychological factor of beating them twice if we do play them again, and also maintaining our unbeaten run could also be good. Secdondly, if we can convince some more people to come to the play-off semis than that will always be beneficial for the club.

Having said all of that, i would also think that if there are any players who are doubts, or carrying slight knocks, i probably wouldn't risk them.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I thought that was a really good interview from Helen.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

RushdenTillIDie wrote: On another note my two Luton town mates, seem to reckon that it'll be a reserve match, well, they feel that they wont play a decent side against us.

Unless they have a direct line to Richard Money that is pure speculation on their part I would suggest. ;)