2023/24 Non League Allocations

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

2023/24 Non League Allocations

Post by The pressman »

So NPL Midland Division - pleased with that. Some new clubs and a real chance to get in the mix for promotion.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: 2023/24 Non League Allocations

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Official Source: FA Website - THE FA RELEASES NATIONAL LEAGUE SYSTEM CLUB ALLOCATIONS FOR STEPS 1-6 IN 2023-24 TERM

These allocations are subject to both FA Council ratification and any subsequent appeals and any amendments to these will be confirmed in due course.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I know that Chris wasn't bothered about where we ended up and to the best of my knowledge, this doesn't affect his ability to either retain or attract, so let's just get on with it and enjoy it.

A tougher league? Probably, but it's a bit more exciting. There's 10 new grounds in there for us and loads of new teams we haven't faced before.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

With the exception of a couple of teams, perhaps Lye Town and Walsall Wood, there are some cracking grounds for that level in the NPL Midlands. Some are easily Step 3 standard, a couple even Step 2. It’s a shame Cambridge City’s new ground isn’t complete yet, but St Ives’ will do! I was hoping we would be placed in the southern league at first, but on reflection… what’s not to like about the NPL Midlands? If Chris isn’t bothered that the league is ‘slightly tougher’ then why should we? It’s a fun challenge. There are so many positives. Higher gates, local derbies, new away days etc just to name a few. On top of that, a lot of the grounds have artificial pitches, which will help with fixture congestion in the winter. Although we might need a minimally larger playing budget, there should surely be a lot more revenue being generated from being in the NPL Midlands opposed to the southern league. I have to say, I’m bloody excited!
Last edited by rickthediamond on Mon May 15, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Tomlin la la la
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I though Cambridge were sharing with St Ives?, looking forward to new teams and new places to visit, I think it will be tougher, but lets see how it goes
AFC R&D Member No. 67
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

bozzer wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 2:15 pm I though Cambridge were sharing with St Ives?, looking forward to new teams and new places to visit, I think it will be tougher, but lets see how it goes
Corrected :) I meant St Ives
Lee Tomlin la la la
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Some familiar names from the early days of the old club. Bedworth United, Cambridge City, Corby Town, Gresley Rovers, Hinckley LR (Previously Hinkley United?), Rugby Town (known as VS Rugby back then), Sutton Coldfield Town.

Excited to get started!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:26 pm Hinckley LR (Previously Hinkley United?)

Excited to get started!
Sort of. Hinkley LR are formerly Leicester Road FC. They play at Hinckley United's old ground which is a fantastic facility, very similar to Hednesford's Keys Park. I'm not sure they could rightfully be called the same club, though.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291