Twitter

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Twitter

Post by sussexdiamond »

Is it just me or are Twitter blocking our tweets from appearing on this forum. I don't have a twitter account but usually have no problem viewing our club tweets. Nothing appears to have been posted since Sunday. All I get is a message saying 'Nothing to see here
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Twitter

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Same for me.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:33 am Is it just me or are Twitter blocking our tweets from appearing on this forum. I don't have a twitter account but usually have no problem viewing our club tweets. Nothing appears to have been posted since Sunday. All I get is a message saying 'Nothing to see here
This is related to Twitter starting to block non logged in users (anonymous usage), from displaying in feeds & other streams. Some embedded tweets still work, but not others. The Twitter systems are changing a lot currently, as they block various methods of access that used to work transparently.

You may need to register an account now and have it logged in on the device you use the forum on, and then they should usually show up more reliably. Though in some cases you may also get throttled/limited above a certain amount of use, if not a paid/verified user. All part of Elon's "growth" strategy for Twitter I guess.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

This is a good move by Elon to try and get guests to register but I also think it will benefit clubs as for years a lot of non league clubs have become reliant on Twitter and some clubs will post news on Twitter but 2 hours later there is still nothing about it on their website.

This will hopefully encourage clubs to keep their own websites up to date because that is where the most reliable source of news should be, especially as now anyone can buy a blue tick so the so called verified accounts mean bugger all.

More people visiting club website could potentially mean more people likely to click adverts on them so it should be beneficial to them too rather than giving Twitter all the visitors.

We are fortunate as when updating the player thread I have found that the news is available on the club website within minutes of it being tweeted, so I would recommend anyone to add the Latest News page on the website to their bookmarks: https://www.afcdiamonds.com/category/latest-news/ as they are just as likely to be kept up to date there too.

If the club wanted to they could add a Facebook comments plug in to the news stories on the club website so fans could still engage with the posts like they do on a tweet... well, unless Mark Zuckerberg decides requiring every to save up will let him harvest even more data too.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎