Lost [ Mon 28th Aug ] v Corby Town, KO 1pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Mon 28th Aug ] v Corby Town, KO 1pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Match details. Starting thread early for any discussion as short gap between Saturday and Monday matches.

NOTE: This is a 1pm Kick Off.

smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Re: [ Mon 28th Aug ] v Corby Town, KO 1pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by smoky »

Corby look as if they are going to be a real test for us but onwards and hopefully upwards.They look to have a big strong team so no point in us playing high balls that they will gobble up,let's keep it on the ground and short passes that find our man and keep possession,we will only get punished for just a long ball which is back in our half in seconds.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I wonder if Corby town have a lot of fans who are banned from driving? they always get a decent home following but their away games seem to have low attendances.

At the end of last season when they had a chance of getting into the play-offs, they beat St Neots 4-0 on a Saturday in front of 665 and the following Tuesday they visited Daventry Town and won 7-0 but the attendance was just 135.

I don't know how many of those 135 were Daventry fans so I'll say 35 but with Daventry only being 35 miles away from Corby, I would have expected Corby to be taking at least 200, especially when a play off place was still available.

I was hoping we may get a total attendance of around 700 for this game but after seeing those numbers I was probably aiming too high.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Adrian wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:03 pm I wonder if Corby town have a lot of fans who are banned from driving? they always get a decent home following but their away games seem to have low attendances.
It's difficult to drive, smoke a spliff and neck a Special Brew at the same time
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

>> Matchday Digital Programme <<

Screenshot_20230827-111845.png
Screenshot_20230827-111845.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 7916 times
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Ricky330
Has Liked: 304 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Unfortunately make no bones about it, we're in a crap situation & probably a relegation dog fight already 😪
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Don't get me wrong, it is a shocking start to the season, 5 games and 5 defeats, -10 goal difference, it's embarrassing.

But... I actually thought we did okay today (and scored a goal!!), Corby were probably just about deserved winners with a lot of chances and play, but we gave them a good game and were more competitive all over the pitch than we have been this season, it was especially pleasing to see us win some tackles. Had we taken one of those glorious chances in the second half or not conceded pretty much from the kickoff it could have been a different result.

Naivety and inexperience showed once again in the second half of course, we need to stop leaking silly goals and it was another tough result to take, but much like last season under Chris, we are very much a 'give it time' team, we're in a horrible position at the wrong end of the table and still could do with some new faces to strengthen, but we seem to be starting to gel into a team.

Need to win at Loughborough this weekend!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Much improved performance from us, unfortunately they came out and got the early goal in the second half, which seemed to spur them on. Rowdy lot weren’t they?! Kept them off the street’s of Corby hassling old ladies I guess!
Last edited by AFCRD_Dan on Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Very tactical from their fans to stand in the De Banke from the start, bloody drums - do my head in. With that said, we never got our atmosphere going, and it was very disappointing to be drowned out at home. As for the game, we were better, but completely dropped off after they equalised.
Lee Tomlin la la la