Just got back....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Just got back....

Post by BartonRaz »

OK performance and decent game, spoilt by some hurrendous decisions from the ref, their penalty not included.

As bad as the ref was, our defending was as bad as it has been this season. I dont think Stuart or Robinson will want to watch a replay of the first and second goals. The first one inparticular was a horrible error from Robinson, who gave it straight to a Mansfield forward just outside the area.

On the plus side i thought we looked dangerous everytime we went forward, and thats without Tomlin and Farrell. Smith and O'Connor both took their goals very well.

Cliff Akurang should have had a stonewall penalty when it was 1-1. It was as clearcut as you will ever see. O'Connor should also have had a penalty in my opinion when the score was 2-1, but it wasn't to be.

Jefferson Louis thoroughly deserved to be sent-off and i hope he is sent back immediately.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Just got back....

Post by Pigman »

Agree with all of that, especially the Louis bit :D

Not too bothered, Mansfield were a poor side who we gifted chances to - the ref finished off the job !! JE was NOT happy at the end.

Well, all unbeaten runs come to an end, better now than in the play-offs eh?

O'Connor is in the form of his life !!! My MOM - enjoyed tonight and 178??? Looked to be more to me !! :?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

PigmanRDFC wrote:Agree with all of that, especially the Louis bit :D

Not too bothered, Mansfield were a poor side who we gifted chances to - the ref finished off the job !! JE was NOT happy at the end.

Well, all unbeaten runs come to an end, better now than in the play-offs eh?

O'Connor is in the form of his life !!! My MOM - enjoyed tonight and 178??? Looked to be more to me !! :?
i think we were all crammed in a small area. There was never ever ever more than 1000 home fans though.

diamond82
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by diamond82 »

Agree with all of that really. Thought the foul where Louis put the Mansfield player into the advertising boards by the dugouts looked malicious and I thought he might see red then. J-Lo says he likes it here and that he is playing for a manager that understands him. My message to him is work a bit harder! J-Lo is obviously a bit of a unit so i'd like to see him challenging for the high balls more and putting defenders under pressure when the ball is on the deck, You are playing for a contract!!!

Overall although I never thought that we would end the game with nothing we must remember that we were without Tomlin, Farrell, Downer and Porter for most of the game. Had we had our first XI out there i'm sure we would have won comfortably. It's just a shame York won as well!

Still let's all keep smiling, we've got the playoffs to look forward to :D
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Can someone fill me in as to what Louis actually did? Danke.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

First foul - Shoulder charged someone needlessly into advertising hoardings, player was down for about a minute and it looked quite serious at one point.

Second foul - rugby tackle. And i mean off the ground hands round the waist kind of thing, seeing was believing.

Steve

Post by Steve »

I enjoyed the game, thought we looked very dangerous and were pretty dominant in the 1st half. 2nd half, the goals were very silly to concede but tbf were both very good finishes, haven't a clue whether their penalty was or wasn't but we SHOULD have had 2 IMO.

As for Jeffers, i couldn't remember his first yellow but it sounds like no arguments so i'll go with that.

I found the ref very annoying - thought he was very good in the first half and was gonna say so to my mate, but decided not to because i didnt want to tempt fate. Oh dear - shocking 2nd half.

Good atmosphere, looked like more fans but im no expert.

Bring on Wrexham
Steve

Post by Steve »

Actually i do remember Jeffers 1st yellow now you have said it lol

Definately no arguments
diamond82
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by diamond82 »

Second foul - rugby tackle. And i mean off the ground hands round the waist kind of thing, seeing was believing.[/quote]

In fairness at least he was tracking back ;)
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Should have known our 1000th game would be ruined by the ref, these refs really don't seem to like us, do they, Justin understandably was fuming at the ref at the end. While I know we're in the playoffs anyway, I'm still disappointed that a superb unbeaten run has come to an end, but I suppose with the pressure now off us for now, there was alway the possibility that it was going to happen. Though on a positive note, the only 2 losses this year have been because of bloody last minute penalties, so while that's annoying, it means we still haven't been beaten properly for months!

Very entertaining game, 2 great goals scored by us, delighted to see Sam finally open his account for this season(better late than never!) and both were really well taken goals, but obviously our defence let us down and we were lucky not concede more tbh, Mansfield did f*** up some great chances. I still thought we were going to go on and win it, even after Mansfield's 2nd as we're just that kind of team this season but obviously changed my mind when Jeff got sent off.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308