Just got back....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dukes

Re: Just got back....

Post by Dukes »

Not there last night but just a thought on refs. I have never seen so many games spoilt by poor refereeing decisions as this season... and what is the point of having linesmen (or women), as they do nothing more than flag for offside or rubber stamp the man in the middle.
I know officials have a difficult job but most of them do it so poorly - most of us would be sacked if we performed like that every week.
I believe they have to pass a fitness test each season, but do they have an intelligence assessment as well? Because if they do then the standard must be sub-normal..!

Give a little man a black shirt and a whistle then put him in charge you then have the capacity for ...
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Dukes wrote: and what is the point of having linesmen (or women), as they do nothing more than flag for offside or rubber stamp the man in the middle.
Couldn't agree more, especially when, apparently, most linesmen are told byt the refs not to do anything more!!!! This is absolutely pointless, as you say, the standard of referees is woeful anyway!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Dukes wrote: Give a little man a black shirt and a whistle then put him in charge you then have the capacity for ...
Let's hope they're not issued with peaked caps otherwise we'll have a real problem! :evil:
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Dukes wrote:rubber stamp the man in the middle.
What I find especially annoying are instances where the linesman clearly hasn't a clue which team should have a throw in and only puts up the flag when the referee has made the decision - what is the point of that ? :roll: .
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Turveyman wrote:
Dukes wrote:rubber stamp the man in the middle.
What I find especially annoying are instances where the linesman clearly hasn't a clue which team should have a throw in and only puts up the flag when the referee has made the decision - what is the point of that ? :roll: .
I've noticed this a few times, it's almost comical!