Just a thought.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RushdenTillIDie

Just a thought.

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Southend nearly got wound up today, they have been given another week to sort themselves out. If they went the way of Chester and were wound up, that means there would only be 23 in League one. The four that go up from League 2 for next season, would make that 24 again.
But then there would be only 23 in League 2.
So...does this mean an extra team would get automatically promoted from The BSP (presumably Luton) and one more team placed in the playoff?
If so, great we wont have to play Luton :) but seriously, does anyone know how it would work?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 617704.stm
srusrdfc

Re: Just a thought.

Post by srusrdfc »

that will mean we will play york :) if 2 get atuo 3 v 6 and 4 v 5 brillant haha
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

There would only be one down from League 2 (Darlington), same as there's only 3 going down from the BSP. Grimsby (as it stands) would stay up.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

JamesRDFC wrote:There would only be one down from League 2 (Darlington), same as there's only 3 going down from the BSP. Grimsby (as it stands) would stay up.
wouldn't that mean one less in the conference the following year?
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

No. Chester going down the leagues and reforming means a team in each league they pass will be saved that usually would've been relegated (the highest). Since Chester are in the North it will be the BSN who get a club saved, although their might be even more confusion for the Unibond and lower because of Farsley Celtic's demise this year as well.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:
JamesRDFC wrote:There would only be one down from League 2 (Darlington), same as there's only 3 going down from the BSP. Grimsby (as it stands) would stay up.
wouldn't that mean one less in the conference the following year?
It would all depend on what level Southend dropped down to. I suspect Grimsby would be reprieved, then if Southend were demoted to the Conference (unlikely) we would have the full compliment of teams again, if they were demoted lower than this then I guess only 2 would be relegated from the Conference (not including Chester, obviously).
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297