Won [ Tue 30th Jan ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 30th Jan ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

Tim's back from celebrating his birthday 🥳, so would like to buy everyone a hot drink for this match. Collect your voucher at/near the turnstile to redeem in Dale's bar. Vouchers available until they are gone.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Re: [ Tue 30th Jan ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by rickthediamond »

This time tomorrow we could be on 14 points and 4 points away from safety with a game in hand. Another cup final, as every game will be from here on out. Boldmere have 4 points from their last 4 games whilst we have 7, so hopefully we can keep this form going and get another crucial home win. As others have said, we have definitely had more than our fair share of bad luck this season, so deserved a bit of luck against Sutton Coldfield (we made our own luck to be fair by battling hard). With that said, I don’t think we can rely on another 97th minute winner haha, so hopefully we can get an early goal and keep another clean sheet. Boldmere, similarly to Sutton Coldfield, will be used to playing on an artificial surface, so the way they may play at home could be difficult for them to replicate at Hayden Road. I found it funny that in Sutton Coldfield’s match report they mentioned how the playing surface was poor when it’s the same for both teams, and if they focused on playing the game rather than constantly being in the refs ear they may have adapted better. It reached the point on Saturday, where as Shanks said, I would’ve happily taken a point and a clean sheet to keep the unbeaten streak going. Depending on how tomorrow plays out, I might feel the same way. I feel like I’ve seen enough since the Gresley game to believe that if we do draw tomorrow, or lose, that the team will regroup and be ready to put it right on Saturday. Anyway, those are just what ifs, let’s get a bloody win tomorrow and continue our great ecape! Get down to Hayden Road, pack out the De Banke, and support these lads to a third consecutive win.

P.S. I see certain people on this forum haven’t posted in a while 🤔. Would be great if they could keep the same energy for when we win, that they project so greatly when we lose. Not surprised by it at all of course, it’s laughable really.
Lee Tomlin la la la
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Another important game in our quest to avoid relegation. Prior to the four game home run I was looking for at least 8 points. I was anticipating draws v Sutton and Quorn and wins v BSM and Coventry. If things go our way (Rugby and Gresley losing Saturday) this time next week we will be 18th place.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Dylan Wilson signs from Cogenhoe. 10 goals in 20 games this season
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I wonder if Emery is injured. We did suffer quite a few knocks on Saturday. I don't expect an unchanged starting eleven.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Taylor went off injured, maybe he'll be rested tonight
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Loanees all playing for northampton u18s today so guess none will be available for Diamonds tonight
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Another big game, same starting eleven if all fit (a few knocks from Saturday though). Need to make the most of these home games, Saturday was a real bonus so let’s keep it going. Get as many fans down there tonight, this could end up being one of the greatest seasons in both AFC and RDFC history if we stay up!!!
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

In case it was missed in the match day announcement above...

Tim's back from celebrating his birthday 🥳, so would like to buy everyone a hot drink for this match. Collect your voucher at/near the turnstile to redeem in Dale's bar. Vouchers available until they are gone.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

4 points to safety!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46