Lost [ Sat 23rd Mar ] v Quorn AFC, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Sevenofdiamonds
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Sat 23rd Mar ] v Quorn AFC, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Sevenofdiamonds »

a bit of a battering today from a far better team, and good luck to QFC in the playoffs, but if we learn from it then it won't have been a waste.
there has to be a big response for Tuesday now.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:08 pm Why do we not use Dylan Wilson? I would have him upfront with Jarvis Wilson on Tuesday
So Harriman injury means we stay with Wilson at the back, but why oh why is Corden not starting. How on earth is Johnson preferred to Dylan Wilson, even when they are both subs.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Dylan Wilson looked relatively bright when he came on comparatively speaking. Rather amusingly, we probably could’ve scored about 4 or 5 goals ourselves yesterday.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Sevenofdiamonds wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:23 am a bit of a battering today from a far better team, and good luck to QFC in the playoffs, but if we learn from it then it won't have been a waste.
there has to be a big response for Tuesday now.
Problem is, you would have thought we'd have learnt from playing them just a couple of weeks ago, but clearly not.

Not known anything like this season, how on earth can we go from being 3rd in the form table, 4 wins in 7, 4 clean sheets in 7 as well, to conceding 16 in 3 games. Yes the teams are challenging for playoffs and we wouldn't expect to have beaten them, but even in the dreadful first half of the season we didn't actually concede more than 3 goals until Christmas and weren't getting slaughtered like this.

Though extraordinarily, despite this we still have a chance of moving out of the relegation places on Tuesday night. My concern though is that these types of defeats can be very damaging to morale and if we haven't got Harriman playing again this season then I fear that might be the writing on the wall. Tuesday night is as must win as they come!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights a d interviews from AFCRDTV