Returning to the Dog & Duck

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Herman Jelmet

Re: Returning to the Dog & Duck

Post by Herman Jelmet »

rdusher wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:41 pm
Herman Jelmet wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:50 pm There is also the issue of lost revenue with the small angry ginger man's friends and family bypassing the turnstiles by going into the ground through the clubhouse doors. I have witnessed this many times, on one occasion about a dozen of them. Whether any of these people would go if they had to pay is debatable but if we do stay at Hayden road perhaps a simple ticket system such as different colour raffle tickets could be put in place, as proof of entry. This is done at many other clubs at our level.
I would point out that "the angry, ginger man" is actually the 7th highest goalscorer in RDFC history and also got his boots out to play in the Legends team that raised so much money for us less than a year ago.

The SGM and the business proposal that will be put forward to Part Owners is based on the business case of AFC Rushden & Diamonds, NOT the business case of, and / or relationship with, Rushden & Higham United.
Am now hearing that you've said you'll resign as chairman if the members don't vote to stay at Hayden road? Surely if true then you're using your position to influence the vote? We need clarity on this issue, the club is meant to be about inclusiveness and community after all. ( if not true then I apologis, but it does stress the need to be open, there's all sorts of rumours circulating)
Bobdiddly
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bobdiddly »

I don't have a problem with a chairman presenting a new direction for the club to its members, presenting the facts, calling a vote and then, if they then loose that vote deciding to step down. But if these rumours are true then it does appear to be a bit of arm twisting.

Surely it's best to keep thoughts like that to yourself.

That is just my opinion, I hope no one sees it as a criticism. We are all on the same side here!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Bobdiddly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:42 pm I don't have a problem with a chairman presenting a new direction for the club to its members, presenting the facts, calling a vote and then, if they then loose that vote deciding to step down. But if these rumours are true then it does appear to be a bit of arm twisting.

That is just my opinion, I hope no one sees it as a criticism. We are all on the same side here!
If you read it again Bob, the helmet is suggesting that the chair will resign if we don't stay at HR. Considering this is the opposite of the proposal i'd say the poster is stirring the sh1t . They're not even a member ffs, ignore .
AFC R & D member number 34
Bobdiddly

Post by Bobdiddly »

I'm not a member, but I would like to think that I can see a simple mistake when I see one!
Herman Jelmet

Post by Herman Jelmet »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:06 pm
Bobdiddly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:42 pm I don't have a problem with a chairman presenting a new direction for the club to its members, presenting the facts, calling a vote and then, if they then loose that vote deciding to step down. But if these rumours are true then it does appear to be a bit of arm twisting.

If you read it again Bob, the helmet is suggesting that the chair will resign if we don't stay at HR. Considering this is the opposite of the proposal i'd say the poster is stirring the sh1t . They're not even a member ffs, ignore .
So all non members opinions should be ignored? Is that what it's come to? Keep ordinary fans in the dark, shut down any discussion? Is that what our club is about? Rumours are circulating, I created this thread to try and get things out in the open so ordinary fans ( the ones that don't seem to matter to you but pay the players wages) can air their opinions, can find out what is going on. All I want is transparency. I thought our club was different, I thought our club was for everyone, not just for members. This is after all an internet forum. May as well just lock every thread and be done with it.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Wellingborough won the UCL Premier South today so will be in Step 4 next season.

Rumours are that the changing rooms aren't big enough to pass ground grading at the D&D.
Bobdiddly

Post by Bobdiddly »

The simple mistake I was referring to was clearly a typo!

I think we have all had a drink!
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

We could have the situation next season of Diamonds and Welly both Step 4 playing at the same ground but in different Leagues. It would be great to have Corby, Harborough and Welly with us in the NPL.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Herman Jelmet wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:24 pm
Three of Diamonds wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:06 pm

So all non members opinions should be ignored? Is that what it's come to? Keep ordinary fans in the dark, shut down any discussion? Is that what our club is about? Rumours are circulating, I created this thread to try and get things out in the open so ordinary fans ( the ones that don't seem to matter to you but pay the players wages) can air their opinions, can find out what is going on. All I want is transparency. I thought our club was different, I thought our club was for everyone, not just for members. This is after all an internet forum. May as well just lock every thread and be done with it.
You are aiming a criticism at a board member, without actually buying into the concept of the club. How can we the members take you seriously ? It's an open forum, if you give it then you have to accept it. You have no constitutional rights to have issues we are voting on that are commercially sensitive debated in advance on this forum, you cannot have advanced transparency without buying membership, we set it up this way to protect our club. You don't have long to wait now and for the record I've not heard the rumour you claim but it's just this kind of rubbish that does more damage than good.
AFC R & D member number 34
Bobdiddly

Post by Bobdiddly »

There is no point having a open forum if non members are not allowed to have a say!