Returning to the Dog & Duck

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: Returning to the Dog & Duck

Post by train »

I did like, enjoy the D&D, and do miss it.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I wouldn’t be against a move back to the D&D. A lot of good memories from our time there. Whatever the result of the vote I’ll be there to support the club.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
LincolnshireDiamond

Post by LincolnshireDiamond »

I made an account purely for this, usually just lurk.

I will vote to move regardless of the argument given by the board, I have only ever known Hayden Road but I know Rushden & Higham hate us being here. They make life as difficult as possible, the little one, the ginger man I forget his name is a very angry man.
They banned the club from selling beer in dales bar, then they took away the soft drinks, then they stopped them selling sweets, forcing people to take kids into the bar to get sweets.
Some day they will just stop dales bar existing.
They would have made a fortune off us on legends day selling alcohol, I'm sure we saw none of that cash.

We aren't allowed to bring dogs to the ground but they walk their dog around the club every game.

I would rather we played in a pub car park than remain at Hayden Road.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

LincolnshireDiamond wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:21 pm They make life as difficult as possible, the little one, the ginger man I forget his name is a very angry man.
Somewhat amusing lol
Lee Tomlin la la la
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

LincolnshireDiamond wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:21 pm I made an account purely for this, usually just lurk.

I will vote to move regardless of the argument given by the board, I have only ever known Hayden Road but I know Rushden & Higham hate us being here. They make life as difficult as possible, the little one, the ginger man I forget his name is a very angry man.
They banned the club from selling beer in dales bar, then they took away the soft drinks, then they stopped them selling sweets, forcing people to take kids into the bar to get sweets.
They would have made a fortune off us on legends day selling alcohol, I'm sure we saw none of that cash.

We aren't allowed to bring dogs to the ground but they walk their dog around the club every game.

Worth pointing out some factual inaccuracies here.

We don't have a licence to sell alcohol so can't sell beer in Dale's Bar even if we wanted to. R&H didn't ban it.

We haven't been banned from selling any food items in Dale's Bar. We have to buy things like cans and chocolate from R&H, though, as per the terms of the groundshare agreement.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
LincolnshireDiamond

Post by LincolnshireDiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:01 pm
LincolnshireDiamond wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:21 pm I made an account purely for this, usually just lurk.

We don't have a licence to sell alcohol so can't sell beer in Dale's Bar even if we wanted to. R&H didn't ban it.

We haven't been banned from selling any food items in Dale's Bar. We have to buy things like cans and chocolate from R&H, though, as per the terms of the groundshare agreement.
Thank you very much for correcting those inaccuracies, do they sell the cans and chocolate at a discounted rate to us so we can make a profit on them?

Maybe I have been harsh and will need to consider if moving away is in fact a good idea.
Bobdiddly
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bobdiddly »

Maybe I have been harsh and will need to consider if moving away is in fact a good idea.
At least we have a club that has supporters who have joined together to move forward together, as apposed to lurching from one humiliation to the next.
Whatever the board and members decide is best we will all get behind the decision. :harhar:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

LincolnshireDiamond wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:16 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:01 pm

Thank you very much for correcting those inaccuracies, do they sell the cans and chocolate at a discounted rate to us so we can make a profit on them?

We pay a rate that is set by Rushden & Higham which isn't set in stone and can go up and down at their discretion. The price of cans, for example, went too high in our opinion for us to continue selling them to supporters, so we stopped.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Herman Jelmet

Post by Herman Jelmet »

There is also the issue of lost revenue with the small angry ginger man's friends and family bypassing the turnstiles by going into the ground through the clubhouse doors. I have witnessed this many times, on one occasion about a dozen of them. Whether any of these people would go if they had to pay is debatable but if we do stay at Hayden road perhaps a simple ticket system such as different colour raffle tickets could be put in place, as proof of entry. This is done at many other clubs at our level.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

Herman Jelmet wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:50 pm There is also the issue of lost revenue with the small angry ginger man's friends and family bypassing the turnstiles by going into the ground through the clubhouse doors. I have witnessed this many times, on one occasion about a dozen of them. Whether any of these people would go if they had to pay is debatable but if we do stay at Hayden road perhaps a simple ticket system such as different colour raffle tickets could be put in place, as proof of entry. This is done at many other clubs at our level.
I would point out that "the angry, ginger man" is actually the 7th highest goalscorer in RDFC history and also got his boots out to play in the Legends team that raised so much money for us less than a year ago.

The SGM and the business proposal that will be put forward to Part Owners is based on the business case of AFC Rushden & Diamonds, NOT the business case of, and / or relationship with, Rushden & Higham United.