Returning to the Dog & Duck

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Returning to the Dog & Duck

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Voicing your opinion and having the opportunity to affect club policy are very different.

Everyone's take on this is valid but it is correct that members/part owners have the final say.

The "pay your money, have your say" mantra doesn't really work whichever way you come at it.

I think most members would count them themselves as ordinary fans.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Herman Jelmet wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:04 pm
rdusher wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:41 pm
Herman Jelmet wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:50 pm There is also the issue of lost revenue with the small angry ginger man's friends and family bypassing the turnstiles by going into the ground through the clubhouse doors. I have witnessed this many times, on one occasion about a dozen of them. Whether any of these people would go if they had to pay is debatable but if we do stay at Hayden road perhaps a simple ticket system such as different colour raffle tickets could be put in place, as proof of entry. This is done at many other clubs at our level.
I would point out that "the angry, ginger man" is actually the 7th highest goalscorer in RDFC history and also got his boots out to play in the Legends team that raised so much money for us less than a year ago.

The SGM and the business proposal that will be put forward to Part Owners is based on the business case of AFC Rushden & Diamonds, NOT the business case of, and / or relationship with, Rushden & Higham United.
Am now hearing that you've said you'll resign as chairman if the members don't vote to stay at Hayden road? Surely if true then you're using your position to influence the vote? We need clarity on this issue, the club is meant to be about inclusiveness and community after all. ( if not true then I apologis, but it does stress the need to be open, there's all sorts of rumours circulating)
I've heard it all now.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Spot on Dave, I’m an “ordinary” supporter who bought into the club ethos and joined as a part owner, which gives me the right to stand for the board if I so wish, and to vote on key issues. If you’re not a part owner, you don’t get a vote, it’s simple.

Anyone can have an opinion, but to me all that seems to be happening here is a bit of shit stirring, I’ll ignore it until I’ve heard the proposition/business case.

The bottom line is we’re a fan owned club, the direction of which is voted on by members (or part owners as we’re now called). That is what our constitution and legal entity states. This isn’t about part owners being “better” fans, we’re all fans, we’re all equal. This is about how our club is structured.

I’m looking forward to hearing the facts, all the detail, and voting based on what I hear.

Oh and as for Rob saying he’ll stand down, I’ve heard nothing like that (hence my shit stirring comment) but IF he decided to then that’s his choice - he’s a volunteer ffs and one that wears his heart on his sleeve too !!

Anyway, 3 massive points today, an important SGM, a cup semi final in the week and a vital league game next Saturday - no-one can say being a Diamonds fan is boring eh?!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
ADiamond
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by ADiamond »

I renewed my membership yesterday so I can attend and vote on this issue and would like to join the meeting via Zoom how will I be able to access?
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

Zoom link will be posted on Part Owners area of website at around 6pm this evening
ADiamond

Post by ADiamond »

Thanks Rob
ADiamond

Post by ADiamond »

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the meeting?
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

ADiamond wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:33 pm Is anyone else having trouble accessing the meeting?
I couldn't access either. Had to make do with watts app from friend who did get connection
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Missed it . When will the minutes be posted?
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Well, after hearing the arguments for both, I know which way I’ll be voting.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73