Three Game Run-in

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.

Total points tally for safety?

No votes
No votes
6%
No votes
13%
44%
25%
No votes
6%
35 +
6%

Total votes: 16

Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Three Game Run-in

Post by Rushdenjim »

So the final equation is starting to become clearer. Three games to go. 9 points on offer. How many points will be sufficient to stay up?

I'm throwing Cambridge into the mix given their atrocious form. It would seem that Shepshed will play a significant role in this relegation battle.

AFCR&D

Boldmere (A)
Shepshed (H)
Walsall (A)

Rugby
Bedworth (H)
Walsall (H)
Boldmere (A)

Gresley
Hinckley (A)
Shepshed (A)
Corby (A)

Cambridge
Shepshed (A)
Hinckley (H)
Lye (A)
Last edited by Rushdenjim on Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Re: Three Game Run-in

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

Whilst it's no longer entirely in our hands anymore. I think we need to go into it with the mindset of needing 9 points from 9 and we'll be alright.

I highly doubt, especially considering the games they've got, that Gresley and Rugby will pick up full points from their games. And I think with the way we've been playing, that we should pick up some points.

And likewise, given their awful form, I could still see Cambridge getting dragged into this.
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:25 pm So the final equation is starting to become clearer. Three games to go. 9 points on offer. How many points will be sufficient to stay up?

I'm throwing Cambridge into the mix given their atrocious form. It would seem that Shepshed will play a significant role in this relegation battle.

AFCR&D

Boldmere (A)
Shepshed (H)
Walsall (A)

Rugby
Bedworth (A)
Walsall (A)
Boldmere (H)

Gresley
Hinckley (A)
Shepshed (A)
Corby (A)

Cambridge
Shepshed (A)
Hinckley (H)
Lye (A)
Slight error for Rugby. They are home to Bedworth and Walsall and away to Boldmere
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Gresley without doubt have the hardest run in. If they were to take 9 points from 9 then you’d have to say they fully deserve to stay up! On current form you could easily see Cambridge getting nothing from their next 3. Impossible to call how it finishes although I’m pretty sure it’ll go down to the final day of the season 😬😬😬
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I think we are more than good enough to get 3 wins but it depends on cutting out the dreadful mistakes that we have seen too much of in games. Need a perfect performance in 3 huge matches. I think 2 wins may do it. If Cambridge don’t get something out of shepshed then they will be very much in the mix.
train
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by train »

In the poll, we can only get 34 points, let’s make it 3 wins out of 3.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

We’ve got to target all 9 points, our remaining games are all against teams who have nothing to play for, we have to take advantage of that.

Boldmere - to be fair this is by far our toughest game left, we narrowly beat them at home thanks to Corden’s heroics and they have been on a brilliant run of form. We are going to have to battle hard this weekend.

Shepshed - absolute horrid run of form, losing 3-1 to Rugby just now. I will be absolutely horrified if we don’t pick up 3 points from this fixture.

Walsall - not sure what to make of this one, similar form to us but again they’ve got nothing to play for. If I had to guess I would say the race for survival will go down to the final day so we’ve really got to be mentally prepared for this one.

Whilst we need to be targeting all 9 points, I reckon the magic number is 32.
Lee Tomlin la la la
rickthediamond

Post by rickthediamond »

rickthediamond wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:30 am We’ve got to target all 9 points, our remaining games are all against teams who have nothing to play for, we have to take advantage of that.

Boldmere - to be fair this is by far our toughest game left, we narrowly beat them at home thanks to Corden’s heroics and they have been on a brilliant run of form. We are going to have to battle hard this weekend.

Shepshed - absolute horrid run of form, losing 3-1 to Rugby just now. I will be absolutely horrified if we don’t pick up 3 points from this fixture.

Walsall - not sure what to make of this one, similar form to us but again they’ve got nothing to play for. If I had to guess I would say the race for survival will go down to the final day so we’ve really got to be mentally prepared for this one.

Whilst we need to be targeting all 9 points, I reckon the magic number is 32.
It’s also interesting that Gresley are playing Shepshed away a week tomorrow. Gresley could be in a position by next Tuesday night where their relegation seems an almost certainty or even their safety somewhat of a likelihood. I would suggest the former but honestly this is so hard to predict.
Lee Tomlin la la la
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I think all roads will lead to Walsall Wood on the 27th as I think it will go to the last day.
rickthediamond

Post by rickthediamond »

After losing their game in hand tonight 1-5 to struggling Shepshed it must be said that Coventry Sphinx are also in this relegation battle. Sitting on 31 points they have to play Anstey, Boldmere, and Hinckley!!! Boldmere and Shapeshed really have had a massive part to play in this relegation battle haven’t they.
Lee Tomlin la la la