Won [ Tue 30th Apr ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm HSCF @Sixfields

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Re: [ Tue 30th Apr ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm HSCF @Sixfields

Post by sussexdiamond »

Can't help but smiling at NFA decision to allow Scott(penalty scorer) Heath(hero of the shootout) and Dallas MOTM to play. I'll never criticise them again!
RyanDoveFanClub
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by RyanDoveFanClub »

What a performance from the backline and Heath. Genuinely phenomenal. Scott looks the real deal and will be very surprised if he's not in the Northampton first team soon. Jarvis and Tarik look a very good pairing (Harriman as a DM with Inman in the 10 role?) Luis had a blinder too.

Bloody love this club. UTR 💎💎
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I really really hope we are at Step 4 again next season and we can keep most of this squad. Have to find replacements for Scott and Wyatt but with a regular goalscorer we will be force once again. Just from listening to RD
Ngolo and Redding sound as though they could step up.
Ps. What was attendance?
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Great result.

Just waiting on the FA now. A couple of ground grading failures won't hurt either
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 106 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I actually thought other than the last 10/15 minutes we were the better side. Pretty much dealt with everything K*ttering had to offer. I think they underestimated us, thinking that our lads would have their heads down after recent events.

The confidence of the young to lad to step forward and score the winning penalty.

I know it’s all part of the rivalry, but I still do and always will find the whole inbred, your sister is your mother chants that came from the K*ttering fans strange, I can’t recall hearing it from our support.

I’m now going to be singing “He’s got a pineapple on his head” all day :hehe:
Last edited by AFCRD_Dan on Wed May 01, 2024 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

a fantastic night, first thing was not to get battered, check!, next thing was to compete, check, final thing was to win it, Check!!!
I thought Tejan and Jarvis were outstanding, I hope we can keep a lot of this team for next season, we could do something with them.
Judging by the replies to our twitter on saturday when they thought we were relegated the rivalry is still there, if we could both be in the same division it would benefit both clubs hugely.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Never underestimate wanting it. It's got us over the line a few times against them.
Great seeing the players and fans celebrating together.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by gibston »

bozzer wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 am a fantastic night, first thing was not to get battered, check!, next thing was to compete, check, final thing was to win it, Check!!!
I thought Tejan and Jarvis were outstanding, I hope we can keep a lot of this team for next season, we could do something with them.
Judging by the replies to our twitter on saturday when they thought we were relegated the rivalry is still there, if we could both be in the same division it would benefit both clubs hugely.
Agree!

Thought whole back 4 were outstanding along with heathy. Special mention to Jacob Scott as from what I hurd he got released by cobblers on Monday and put in a massive performance last night,the kid give you absolutely everything! Said to the lads I sat with last night that Tejan had a great game,think last month has been his strongest in AFCRD shirt. Absolutely delighted for everyone connected to AFCRD.
RyanDoveFanClub
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by RyanDoveFanClub »

gibston wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:35 am
Special mention to Jacob Scott as from what I hurd he got released by cobblers on Monday and put in a massive performance last night,the kid give you absolutely everything!
If true this is genuinely baffling. We've had a few lads from them on loan who have been released but he stands out as possibly the best we've had, only Roberts better. Massive shame and no doubt he can play higher but would be an absolute coup if he does wanna sign for us.