Team v Luton?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Team v Luton?

Post by sussexdiamond »

Will JEMS continue to rest players.? half of me says yes for the players sakes. But other half says I want to see a competitive match from both sides.

All the more complicated because we dont know who opposition are going to be in semi finals.

I dont really want 3 games in a row v Luton, but Oxford are looking abit more formidable again.
Turveyman

Re: Team v Luton?

Post by Turveyman »

Both teams will rest key players especially those with niggling injuries. Neither team has anything really to play for on Saturday so why take any risks ? I think we will be missing Downer (one yellow off a three match suspension), Osano, O'Connor, Tomlin and Farrell.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Turveyman wrote:Both teams will rest key players especially those with niggling injuries. Neither team has anything really to play for on Saturday so why take any risks ? I think we will be missing Downer (one yellow off a three match suspension), Osano, O'Connor, Tomlin and Farrell.
There are no suspensions for yellow cards now, according to another thread on here. So Downer isn't at risk there.
Diamond down South.
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Harry wrote:
Turveyman wrote:Both teams will rest key players especially those with niggling injuries. Neither team has anything really to play for on Saturday so why take any risks ? I think we will be missing Downer (one yellow off a three match suspension), Osano, O'Connor, Tomlin and Farrell.
There are no suspensions for yellow cards now, according to another thread on here. So Downer isn't at risk there.
I was going by the Wrexham match report on the OWS.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

One thing is for sure, Luton will rest players. I don't think they will care who they get.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Turveyman wrote:
Harry wrote:
I was going by the Wrexham match report on the OWS.
I think you interpreted it differently to what it was trying to say ..

"the Diamonds management took the sensible step of bringing off Downer knowing that a second yellow card would mean a three match ban given his earlier dismissals this season"

.. but perhaps it assumed people would be aware of the "additional match ban" rule and the fact that Downer had already seen red twice this season.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegu ... O_CROP.pdf
(Pages 314/5 - Point 8g)
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Its strange, I think we would still want to finish 4th rather than 5th regardless of who we would be playing in the playoffs as, the team who have finished second, have done so on merit. Although obviously you've got to rest; O'Connor, Osano, Tomlin, Farrell, Corcoran and you'd like to rest Downer, Stuart, Roberts, Robinson, Terry, Byrne and Porter.

And Personally I think McDonald, Pattison, Beecroft, Smith, Akurang and Huke should all start. So its an interesting scenario. Would you rest Dale due to the possible risk of a red card or do you hand a home debut to Day in such a big occasion? Im sure JE doesnt want to risk any of the back 5 with the threat of suspension?? This is where we need a 'Bobby Aisien' or a 'Jack Ainsley'.

My team would be..

Day

Porter Huke Stuart McDonald

Wolleaston McNamara Beecroft

Smith Akurang Pattison

Roberts
Robinson
Byrne
Louis
Downer

Contraversial I know!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Could be the biggest ever attendance at Nene Park for a reserve team fixture judging by many of the 'expert' posts on this thread. :D

Personally, whatever JE/MS decide will do for me. ;)
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Formic wrote:There are no suspensions for yellow cards now, according to another thread on here. So Downer isn't at risk there.
I was going by the Wrexham match report on the OWS.[/quote]

I think you interpreted it differently to what it was trying to say ..

"the Diamonds management took the sensible step of bringing off Downer knowing that a second yellow card would mean a three match ban given his earlier dismissals this season"

.. but perhaps it assumed people would be aware of the "additional match ban" rule and the fact that Downer had already seen red twice this season.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegu ... O_CROP.pdf
(Pages 314/5 - Point 8g)[/quote]

Thanks Formic. My mistake :) .
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

Says in todays Et that we will give tomo and faz a run out,plus louis is back from his ban. Going to give downer a rest though to give him enough time to recover for playoffs. Az's injury doesnt look as bad as first thought.

Our strongest team out then I guess. Dont want to see Luton have an easy ride,that will just give them more confidence over us if we get them in the playoffs