UNITED

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
woody

UNITED

Post by woody »

'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly
supersub

Re: UNITED

Post by supersub »

I enjoyed it, even though it was very sad. Excellent bit of acting. That's something us Brits are good at.
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

Fantastic representation of it, and absolutely heartbreaking :cry:

A reminder to clubs how important youth is, and what a club and its fans can do when everyone pulls together!
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

I watched it, being a United fan I actually felt awful watching it knowing I knew little about it before.

Was depressing stuff though. Another reminder (there's been plenty this season) that football can in one moment become so insignificant, but also Football can be used to unite and give hope to people in times of tragedy.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

One of the best things I have watched in a long time, I didn't actually realise/appreciate what really happened before watching this.
woody

Post by woody »

It actually gave me closure on my mourning for Duncan Edwards.....
I was just Eight when it happened, and my Granddad kept me informed, as he was my footy mentor.

On the 21st February he came round to see me, and put his arms round me and said in his harsh but caring voice "thy heros dead Young 'un I'm so sorry"

I read all sorts of articles over the years, but few about 'Dunc' - that being too painful.

Hearing last night that it was Kidney failure, actually closed off the event for me.

I still bawled, he WAS & STILL is my lifelong hero. He was so much like Rooney in his manner of play and was 'all meat, a real treat'.

I never go to OT, without saying a prayer under the clock for " my beautiful boys " As Red Diamond will attest.

'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Matt Busby's son apparently 'disgusted' with the representation of his father:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/861655-matt-b ... d-tv-drama
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

woody wrote:I never go to OT, without saying a prayer under the clock for " my beautiful boys " As Red Diamond will attest.
Every time me and dad go up to old trafford we make time to visit it, was a long time before I was around but being brought up in the knowledge of what happened makes such a difference in my opinion, makes you treasure the history and the club. I always wish I had seen the likes of Edwards, Whelan, Taylor and Byrne play, such little footage is shown of them compared to Best, Law and Chalton :(
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1