[ Tue 24th Sep ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 7:45pm UCLCUP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Re: [ Tue 24th Sep ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 7:45pm UCLCUP HOM

Post by Brownie »

Olly wrote:
Mat.H wrote:
bozzer wrote:Looking at it this morning we did well to only go down 3-2 they are the leaders of the UCL prem and had 7 first team payers playing, we had none.
Thats a bit harsh on some of the players out there last night.
I do feel a little bad for players like Sean and Wizz who now find themselves as bench players, despite how crucial they were in last season's success, not complaining, the regulars are simply better players of course, but I do wish we could see a little more of our player of the season from last year.[/quote]
Give him time and i`m sure you will do, possibly not all the lads issues have been a drop in form on the pitch recently, think we just have to trust those making the calls to do what`s best not only for the team but more importantly for the players at any given time. You only had to watch him last night to know he`s not 100%
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

To be fair to Wizz, he only lost his place because he'd been on holiday. A holiday he had to book in September because of work commitments in the summer. Up to then he'd started every game.
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

The line up last night, in comparison with the strength of the squad last season, shows how much strength we have in depth at the club now. However, it was a glorious opportunity against top quality opposition for those playing last night, and they did n`t take it.
Huntingdon were really up for it, but we seemingly were n`t. It only served to confirm what Starms and Peaksy probably already think. It was a good run out for some playing to get some "flying hours" and match fitness, but for those wishing to get a starting berth, I think some will be waiting a little bit longer.
AFC R&D Member Number 443
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

The main picture on OWS match report, what the hell had just come into view Lance :o :o
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:The final score line was much closer than the games suggests, with Huntingdon should have been able to win more comfortably. Not really wanting to slag any players off but Elliott dent is really going to have to work hard if he wants to get back in the team and I wouldn't have thought wiz will be too happy with his performance. Louis smith had a shockerand almost looked as if he didn't want to be there. On a plus note I thought Rashid koriya did ok and will provide adequate cover at left back. He's no sam brown but could come in and do a job there.
I had a conversation with Louis a while ago, out of respect to Louis, I won't divulge what we discussed. But what I can say is, unless things have changed dramatically, then he very much sees his future at AFC.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:The final score line was much closer than the games suggests, with Huntingdon should have been able to win more comfortably. Not really wanting to slag any players off but Elliott dent is really going to have to work hard if he wants to get back in the team and I wouldn't have thought wiz will be too happy with his performance. Louis smith had a shockerand almost looked as if he didn't want to be there. On a plus note I thought Rashid koriya did ok and will provide adequate cover at left back. He's no sam brown but could come in and do a job there.
I had a conversation with Louis a while ago, out of respect to Louis, I won't divulge what we discussed. But what I can say is, unless things have changed dramatically, then he very much sees his future at AFC.
He just didn't seem to want the ball, verbally or in presence. I know he did well at BPW and their manager was in attendance last night maybe having a look. Hopefully it was just a poor performance than he can put behind him
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

Whilst Louis described his performance on Twitter as "a mare" , I think he was being a bit hard on himself. At least he knows there`s room for improvement and should just move on. It happens. ;)
AFC R&D Member Number 443
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

dazSRJFC wrote:Whilst Louis described his performance on Twitter as "a mare" , I think he was being a bit hard on himself. At least he knows there`s room for improvement and should just move on. It happens. ;)
Think he got it spot on, but also sure one day he will be a first team player. His development is possibly taking longer than he would want but it will happen.