Lost [ Sat 8th Oct ] v Tamworth FC, KO 3pm FAT3Q HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Sat 8th Oct ] v Tamworth FC, KO 3pm FAT3Q HOME

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I thought we were the better side in the first half, I think we surprised Tamworth as they were probably expecting come here and hav an easy game, was a bit of frustration from them at times. Unfortunately their quality showed in the end.

Much better from us, whatever the management said perked them up a bit, can see the quality is there, just need a few experienced heads to come in, and we will hopefully start picking up results.

The abuse toward Collard was pathetic to be honest.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jenson Cooper and Richard Maxwell speak to AFCRDTV post match

diamondsteve
Has Liked: 158 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Cba being positive about this now . Until we draw or win end of
The pressman
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by The pressman »

Couldn't agree more! We are bottom of the table, lost the last 3 games scoring nil goals and conceding 16 goals in the process! As for the twitter account of the game don't get me started! 'The performance level is pleasing fans'' - that was surely written by Maxwell himself!

Please give Chris Nunn the job now and get him in before Tuesday.
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

We definitely need a manager in situ before Tuesday, to give him at least a chance before we play another good side in Nuneaton. I said a while ago we mustn't let the gap between us and the other sides get to wide or no matter who we get as a manager he will have to big a job to get us out of the relegation hole.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

The pressman wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:28 am Couldn't agree more! We are bottom of the table, lost the last 3 games scoring nil goals and conceding 16 goals in the process! As for the twitter account of the game don't get me started! 'The performance level is pleasing fans'' - that was surely written by Maxwell himself!

Please give Chris Nunn the job now and get him in before Tuesday. :
Was a strange one yesterday on Twitter, “Diamonds trail as you might have expected” was posted at half time. :ermm:

Was a few around me, and walking by who said how much better we were, I guess they’re easily pleased?!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

K*ttering lost 5-0 yesterday, it's a funny old game isn't it, they have a chairman who if I recall a few years ago said they don't like giving contracts out to managers because of the financial risks - so this season they give a contract to a manager who hasn't managed since 2006... how can a club chairman not see a risk in that decision - so it's no surprise they end up where they are.

Then over here, the statistics showed us going backwards since Burgess arrived, we persisted with it and gave him a contract.

It seems local football clubs have started making loopy decisions and taking gambles this past year... I'd like to know which Covid vaccine the board members at both clubs have taken so I know not to get the same one. 😂😂😂😂😂

Chris Nunn's Kempston Rovers won again yesterday and moved up to 2nd in their league, one of the goals from ex K*ttering Town attacker Ben Baker, if Nunny comes in it's fair to say he will want to bring in some of his own players, there's a few in that Kempston Rovers line up that look like good prospects and Baker himself could probably do a job at this level too.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

NN10-Nige wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:19 pm K*ttering lost 5-0 yesterday, it's a funny old game isn't it, they have a chairman who if I recall a few years ago said they don't like giving contracts out to managers because of the financial risks - so this season they give a contract to a manager who hasn't managed since 2006... how can a club chairman not see a risk in that decision - so it's no surprise they end up where they are.

Then over here, the statistics showed us going backwards since Burgess arrived, we persisted with it and gave him a contract.

It seems local football clubs have started making loopy decisions and taking gambles this past year... I'd like to know which Covid vaccine the board members at both clubs have taken so I know not to get the same one. 😂😂😂😂😂

Chris Nunn's Kempston Rovers won again yesterday and moved up to 2nd in their league, one of the goals from ex K*ttering Town attacker Ben Baker, if Nunny comes in it's fair to say he will want to bring in some of his own players, there's a few in that Kempston Rovers line up that look like good prospects and Baker himself could probably do a job at this level too.
honest question. Why would he want to join a sinking ship, when the one he's on is on the rise? For anybody to come in now, even at mid October, has got one hell of a job to avoid relegation. It's a very difficult task if you ask me. We're going into three home to games in a row and I think we'll come away with 1 point at best.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

diamondsteve wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:20 am Cba being positive about this now . Until we draw or win end of
Have to agree really even if there were positive signs, to think we've gone from challenging for promotion to step 2 to being rock bottom and happy about the performance in a game where we lost 4-0 to a team in our league in just 6 months, we really have fallen dramatically since Peaks left.

And yes, I don't envy the board trying to make the decision for the manager, but ultimately we do not have time to wait around, we need to have them in place by next weekend.

Three home games coming up and all 3 against teams in the top 6 for away records so far this season, not ideal when we desperately need points, but we've got ourselves into such a hole that we need to somehow get something out of these games, failure to win at least one of them and we could be 10+ points adrift...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:58 pm honest question. Why would he want to join a sinking ship, when the one he's on is on the rise? For anybody to come in now, even at mid October, has got one hell of a job to avoid relegation. It's a very difficult task if you ask me. We're going into three home to games in a row and I think we'll come away with 1 point at best.
Without wanting to write something disrespectful on a public forum, whilst we are currently at a very low ebb, the difference in stature and potential between ourselves and Kempston is enormous. Reason enough despite the current problems.

The question really is would he feel comfortable leaving a club so soon after joining, and would he feel comfortable coming in to this sort of environment with temporary co-chairman and no obvious vision as to how the club is going to progress from here. Mitch Austin put something on Twitter earlier this week, "don't pick your football club, pick your Chairman." As much as he irritates me that's a really valid and sensible comment.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291