Lost [ Sat 15th Oct ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRDHome&Away
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Sat 15th Oct ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by AFCRDHome&Away »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:53 pm
AFCRDHome&Away wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:22 pm
AFCRDPete2011 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:49 pm

What on EARTH am I reading? Comparing diamonds to Chelsea? Is everyone at the club slowly losing their minds 1 by 1? Don’t know who you are but how can you accuse me specifically of being a troll when you have posted some of the most ludicrous stuff on this entire forum in this post!

I only just joined this forum to vent my frustration surrounding the club recently, but it’s actually increasing it? Very worrying times indeed.

Im far from comparing Chelsea and Diamonds, I am simply emphasising that we can't fire and hire in blind luck. Some comments have pointed out that Maxwell's main job now is to make signings which I totally agree with! I read on twitter that we did failed to register a shot or had one at most which is deeply concerning. Others have pointed out that we solid for most part the game despite conceding a decisive goal.

I simply believe Maxwell needs time that is all. If it turns out to be another failed plan then so be it, I would be the first to admit I backed Maxwell and the team and we (Diamonds) got it wrong and need a new change.

I find it mildly comical that you have specifically gone for me (someone who possess a different opinion to you) and also other members creating this toxicity. These comments going after someone after voicing their opinion will only cause cracks within this magnificent fanbase who have stuck by Diamonds through thick n thin.

Thus said, it is interesting you mentioned this is your first time posting, I suppose you're yet to go to your first game as well James Loader? And before you come back at me and say this is your first post as well, I have always been active via different means and similar to you joined this forum to voice my opinion, not to be shot down.
To be fair if you join a public forum and don't want your opinion shot down the internet isn't for you

People can disagree, I have no problem with that whatsoever. Just don't like the thought of being targeted that's all :good:
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:24 pm
Olly wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:16 pm To be fair I thought we actually defended pretty well today andcgreat to see Evan back who did well, yes Redditch were undoubtedly the better side throughout, but didn't think they troubled us too much in the first hour, if it hadn't been for a calamitous mistake and a silly miscommunication at the back we might have nicked a point.

But of course, the issue is attack which is still a massive issue, even with Tee and Ngwa on we weren't creating much, but without them we are utterly hopeless, it's embarrassing. Was Ngwa injured? Cause otherwise taking him off for Connor made no sense. As we keep saying, a big centre forward is an absolute must, Hines probably wasn't good enough for this level, but I still would have given him more of a chance, Mig and Jensen have talent for sure, but just get eaten alive most of the time by these big centre backs and playing long balls to them is pointless. But a whole new attack is needed really.

Maxwell's main job this week is make signings, there is no chance this current team can keep us up, no chance.
I may be totally wrong but where do you see the signings coming from for a manager who has never managed at anywhere near this level and I’m guessing limited contacts apart from what he sees at U23 in the Northants combo. If we are looking for players from that level I can go round the pubs tonight and grab a few players.
God help us if he looks to that level, but I don't see why we can't look to local step 4 and 5 clubs, we must have a plan in terms of signings and someone in the management team must intend on using their own contacts, otherwise employing Maxwell really is the worst decision in our history.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

gibston wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:14 pm
Olly wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:16 pm To be fair I thought we actually defended pretty well today andcgreat to see Evan back who did well, yes Redditch were undoubtedly the better side throughout, but didn't think they troubled us too much in the first hour, if it hadn't been for a calamitous mistake and a silly miscommunication at the back we might have nicked a point.

But of course, the issue is attack which is still a massive issue, even with Tee and Ngwa on we weren't creating much, but without them we are utterly hopeless, it's embarrassing. Was Ngwa injured? Cause otherwise taking him off for Connor made no sense. As we keep saying, a big centre forward is an absolute must, Hines probably wasn't good enough for this level, but I still would have given him more of a chance, Mig and Jensen have talent for sure, but just get eaten alive most of the time by these big centre backs and playing long balls to them is pointless. But a whole new attack is needed really.

Maxwell's main job this week is make signings, there is no chance this current team can keep us up, no chance.
3. 7 dayers gone in.

1 at Roade
1 at Spartans
1 at windmill.

Deluded people
Hang on, what?? Roade are same league as the U23s, but forgive me for my lack of knowledge about local football but who are the other two? I'm all for scouring lower levels, but this is taking the piss, I know we don't have much money, but can we not even attract and afford step 4 players anymore? What is happening...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Olly wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:57 pm we must have a plan in terms of signings and someone in the management team must intend on using their own contacts

After Tuesday night's game the ET article said...
Richard Maxwell Via Northants Telegraph wrote:Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:00 pm Richard Maxwell believes the next permanent manager of AFC Rushden & Diamonds will have a “great team” to take over.

There is a chance that he thinks he can get more out of the current team

In terms of contacts, a lot of football managers follow each other on Twitter, for example Gary Setchell put out a tweet singing Mitch Austin's praises 2 days ago, I don't know if they ever worked together but it shows someone who was managing in UCL standard a few months ago can make contacts further up the pyramid, I've also heard of managers becoming good friends when doing their coaching badges together, Maxwell seems to talk with confidence in his interviews so he'd probably have more chance of making friends than for example how negative/dull Burgess seemed in his interviews so it will be interesting to see where the players come from should he make any moves.

Olly wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:11 pm
gibston wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:14 pm 3. 7 dayers gone in.

1 at Roade
1 at Spartans
1 at windmill.

Deluded people
Hang on, what?? Roade are same league as the U23s, but forgive me for my lack of knowledge about local football but who are the other two? I'm all for scouring lower levels, but this is taking the piss, I know we don't have much money, but can we not even attract and afford step 4 players anymore? What is happening...

I could be wrong but I think Gibston is joking
NN10-Nige

Post by NN10-Nige »

Jazzy_10 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:57 pm
NN10-Nige wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:03 pm
AFCRDPete2011 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:13 pm Maxwell has to go, and he can take his number 2 (which I’ve read dodgy things about btw - how is he allowed near the club?) with him

You mean The Times article?

I notice that the article mentions that Michael 'Kit' Carson died on the day his trial was due to start, the Peterborough Telegraph reports the his car collided with a tree, which meant the trial didn't go ahead, I would imagine that was convenient for some of Kit's cronies.

Football is a poisonous world, parents become unhappy that their child didn't make the first team and then throw accusations around, look at it this way, if Joey Barton can get accused of kicking his own wife in the head then it is probably easy to end up being wrongly accused of abusing 11 boys.

As far as I can gather, the Howard Willmott in the article is not the same Howard Willmott that works at our club because if you look at Howard Willmott's LinkedIn profile there is no mention of Histon FC on it.

It mentions Northampton Town 2000-2006 and AFC Rushden & Diamonds 2017-2020, his page is fairly well detailed so if he did work at Histon FC I'm sure he would have also put that on there too as at the time the Histon FC manager David Livermore told Pitchero that Howard Willmott and Brian Page were doing a fantastic job, which shows he obviously held an important role there.

Howard is a common name, Willmott is a common name, more so in the Cambridgeshire area, so the chances of it being our Howard Willmott are slim to none.
I cannot believe what I’m reading.

Of course he won’t put Histon on his profile or CV because he got sacked from the club. You think he wants to answer the question from future employers about why he was sacked from Histon? So we’re saying there’s 2 Howard Willmotts working in youth football too? He shouldn’t be anywhere near this football club, or any football club for that matter.

At the risk of having my comments deleted by the mods again I’ll make a comment about the game today, we were shite.

5 at the back is great for absorbing pressure all game but there’s just no output up front. We couldn’t counter with any conviction and it just left the team ball chasing most of the second half. Once Ngwa’s loan finishes in December/Jan we’ll have no wingers and no pacey players which we’re desperately lacking in attack. Also not sure why Ngwa was subbed, was one of few that created chances and caused trouble for their defence, so hopefully he wasn’t injured. Also think Akubuine is a wasted talent on the bench, should be starting imo.

Our Howard Willmott is involved in Islip Parish Council and Northampton Lions Football Club where they also do futsal, if it was the same Howard Willmott who worked at Histon I don't think so many clubs would have him involved which is why I think it's highly unlikely that it is the same one.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Watch the interview after the match and tell me we don’t need a change.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews with AFCRDTV

Wobbly Wardley
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

NN10-Nige wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:14 pm
Olly wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:57 pm we must have a plan in terms of signings and someone in the management team must intend on using their own contacts

After Tuesday night's game the ET article said...
Richard Maxwell Via Northants Telegraph wrote:Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:00 pm Richard Maxwell believes the next permanent manager of AFC Rushden & Diamonds will have a “great team” to take over.

There is a chance that he thinks he can get more out of the current team

In terms of contacts, a lot of football managers follow each other on Twitter, for example Gary Setchell put out a tweet singing Mitch Austin's praises 2 days ago, I don't know if they ever worked together but it shows someone who was managing in UCL standard a few months ago can make contacts further up the pyramid, I've also heard of managers becoming good friends when doing their coaching badges together, Maxwell seems to talk with confidence in his interviews so he'd probably have more chance of making friends than for example how negative/dull Burgess seemed in his interviews so it will be interesting to see where the players come from should he make any moves.

Olly wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:11 pm
gibston wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:14 pm 3. 7 dayers gone in.

1 at Roade
1 at Spartans
1 at windmill.

Deluded people

I could be wrong but I think Gibston is joking

He’s not joking!
Wobbly Wardley
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

If taking Courtney off was tactical, then why was Evan put to left wing back instead of Hughes, just doesn’t make sense.
NN10-Nige

Post by NN10-Nige »

If I was in charge, I would be making a move for Adam North, at some point Dean Snedker will probably decide he wants to move on to a club who are challenging for something.