Returning to the Dog & Duck

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
LincolnshireDiamond

Re: Returning to the Dog & Duck

Post by LincolnshireDiamond »

It appears Higham social media put out the reason we can't move bring because we are not allowed to have a lease at 2 grounds at the same time.

They are certainly enjoying themselves at our cost on social media!
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I understand that to have a new groundshare agreement the host club must have at least a ten year tenure. Welly clearly don't have that.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 54 times

Post by rickthediamond »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:51 am I understand that to have a new groundshare agreement the host club must have at least a ten year tenure. Welly clearly don't have that.
According to our statement, they were still able to offer a 3 year GS agreement. Presumably if they had a ten year tenure as you have suggested they would’ve been able to offer the amount of years that was agreed. To be honest it’s hard to decipher the truth with the amount of people chiming in with their own two cents on social media.
Lee Tomlin la la la
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

LincolnshireDiamond wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:07 am It appears Higham social media put out the reason we can't move bring because we are not allowed to have a lease at 2 grounds at the same time.

I’m pretty sure this isn’t a thing, otherwise clubs wouldn’t be able to move during the season like Nuneaton did last year.

Clearly if Wellingborough could only give us a 3 year lease it’s not worth the expense of a move and so it is a sensible decision.

It shouldn’t stop us looking around still, and it also shouldn’t stop both parties at Hayden Road working together for both clubs mutual benefit
AFC R&D Member No. 67
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 54 times

Post by rickthediamond »

bozzer wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:02 am
LincolnshireDiamond wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:07 am It appears Higham social media put out the reason we can't move bring because we are not allowed to have a lease at 2 grounds at the same time.

I’m pretty sure this isn’t a thing, otherwise clubs wouldn’t be able to move during the season like Nuneaton did last year.

Clearly if Wellingborough could only give us a 3 year lease it’s not worth the expense of a move and so it is a sensible decision.

It shouldn’t stop us looking around still, and it also shouldn’t stop both parties at Hayden Road working together for both clubs mutual benefit
Agree with the last two paragraphs. I do believe Nuneaton were only renting those grounds on a game by game basis though so probably doesn’t count as they wouldn’t have had a GS agreement/lease.
Lee Tomlin la la la
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

rickthediamond wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:55 am
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:51 am I understand that to have a new groundshare agreement the host club must have at least a ten year tenure. Welly clearly don't have that.
According to our statement, they were still able to offer a 3 year GS agreement. Presumably if they had a ten year tenure as you have suggested they would’ve been able to offer the amount of years that was agreed. To be honest it’s hard to decipher the truth with the amount of people chiming in with their own two cents on social media.
The statement has a lot of words but doesn't say much.

Previously the FA had refused new ground share agreements where the host club has less than ten years tenure.
LincolnshireDiamond

Post by LincolnshireDiamond »

bozzer wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:02 am

Unfortunately higham didn't mention where the document forbidding it came from, but if it's true the wording is rather specific and clear.
It also doesn't mention anything about ground share length being 10 years.

Given the football club itself has published part of this document, I would assume it comes from an authoritative source like the FA.
bozzer

Post by bozzer »

I can’t see anything in the league rules or ground grading stating it, but maybe i just haven’t found it, but I have never heard of it before. We potentially had the same situation when we moved to HR and had kempston as an option and it wasn’t mentioned to us then as far as I can remember.

At the meeting we were told we had been offered a 10 year lease with a break after 5 and then every year after, if they can now only offer 3 for some reason, then surely that’s the reason
AFC R&D Member No. 67
bozzer

Post by bozzer »

I’ve found the part in the league rules it suggests you might not be able to ground share if you can play at a ground you already have a lease at, however as soon as the stand was removed from Hayden Road that would not meet ground grading and therefore we wouldn’t be able to play there anyway and the therefore I would assume a new ground grading would be agreed to by the league.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:35 am
Bobdiddly wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:29 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:48 pm

I wonder if Welly are about to be shafted by their landlord, the same guy who was the reason we left.

Is the landlord their chairman?
I remember having a short chat with him once. It was a short chat as I got up and walked away from the man.
I believe the landlord back when we were "evicted"
Was a Turkish guy. Who is not the Chairman.
Same crook who tried to shaft bpw many years ago. Typical businessman only type character