Returning to the Dog & Duck

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
LincolnshireDiamond

Re: Returning to the Dog & Duck

Post by LincolnshireDiamond »

Perhaps better to ignore the noise around this, the 10 year lease not being on the table anymore is likely why the move is off and Higham are just trying to shit stir.

It's certainly disappointing and I'm sure we have a few bridges to repair but at least we aren't homeless
Dbsl
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by Dbsl »

Some times it astounds me that posts I am reading would indicate the Board would be nieve enough to propose the move before checking with the FA and the NPL. The board has spent months before the proposal was put out doing due diligence at all levels. The move was based on a 10 year lease in order to make the club sustainable post the existing 2 years that we were still going to pay at our existing groundshare. The fact that WTFC can now only offer 3 years because of circumstances outside of their control means the move would no longer be sustainable.

Give the Board some slack and credit for making a very difficult decision in stopping the move. I know that the Board members are really hurting right now after all the effort that was put in within their own time as volunteers to then have to make this decision
LincolnshireDiamond

Post by LincolnshireDiamond »

Dbsl wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 am Some times it astounds me that posts I am reading would indicate the Board would be nieve enough to propose the move before checking with the FA and the NPL. The board has spent months before the proposal was put out doing due diligence at all levels. The move was based on a 10 year lease in order to make the club sustainable post the existing 2 years that we were still going to pay at our existing groundshare. The fact that WTFC can now only offer 3 years because of circumstances outside of their control means the move would no longer be sustainable.

Give the Board some slack and credit for making a very difficult decision in stopping the move. I know that the Board members are really hurting right now after all the effort that was put in within their own time as volunteers to then have to make this decision
Sorry dude just posting about the official communication from rushden and higham who said it was because we are not allowed go move.
If it hadn't come from an official source I would have completely ignored it.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 54 times

Post by rickthediamond »

LincolnshireDiamond wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:00 am
Dbsl wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 am Some times it astounds me that posts I am reading would indicate the Board would be nieve enough to propose the move before checking with the FA and the NPL. The board has spent months before the proposal was put out doing due diligence at all levels. The move was based on a 10 year lease in order to make the club sustainable post the existing 2 years that we were still going to pay at our existing groundshare. The fact that WTFC can now only offer 3 years because of circumstances outside of their control means the move would no longer be sustainable.

Sorry dude just posting about the official communication from rushden and higham who said it was because we are not allowed go move.
If it hadn't come from an official source I would have completely ignored it.
It’s best not to trust much of what Rushden & Higham say is what I’ve learned, but I understand why their comments cause doubts. The whole not being allowed to move by the FA scenario is a bunch of codswallop. We are not moving anymore because Wellingborough can’t offer the ten year lease, end of story.

Although this now puts us in a dangerous position financially once again, hopefully we will look at this down the line and say thank god we didn’t move in the end. The dog & duck landlord clearly cannot be trusted, we were burnt by him before and this scenario has not filled me with any confidence that he cares about any football club. I hope Wellingborough can sort out a long term secure tenancy for themselves, but first and foremost we need to find a solution to our own problems.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Dbsl
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by Dbsl »

No need to apolgise. Our Board acts for our Club on our behalf and is the only source of truth of matters surrounding our Club.. Any other comments are conjecture. The Board statement clearly did not state we had an issue with two leases. If we had, the Board are transparent and would have told us
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

To me, this all highlights the longer term needs to try and get our own ground, where we are in control of the situation.

I know that seems impossibly far away, but it I think it's the club's only long-term solution.

Coleshill away was enlightening - as it looked líke the whole ground had been cobbled together on the cheap (very nice 3G pitch aside) the rest of it was almost all portacabins and scaffolding.
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
Bobdiddly
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bobdiddly »

As always land is the biggest problem. Where are we ever going to find a piece of land we can call our own?
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

I thought we had some land earmarked
Bobdiddly
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bobdiddly »

Anyone got a spare £3.5 million knocking about? Thought not.

But then again it looks like no one from K*ttering has either, remember how happy they were to move to Nene Park.