Dan Porter

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Dan Porter

Post by Three of Diamonds »

On the face of it, this looks a real good appointment to the management team. He must have great player contacts and a winning mentality.
Welcome Dan, let's see what magic you can work.
AFC R & D member number 34
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Re: Dan Porter

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

Looks a decent addition to the team. His knowledge of the local game will be a great help.
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 54 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Very good appointment, looking forward to seeing how his contacts pay off when it comes to this seasons signings.

A couple of our key players seem to have confirmed inadvertently that they will be with us next season, so that’s great news.

I wonder when we will announce our first signing, last year it was Ethan Johnston on the 13th June. I can’t remember exactly but I believe we waited for the league registration forms to be available before we announced anything (not 100% sure). Maybe we will do the same again.

Lots of teams announcing signings already, that are technically free to sign for another club up until those forms are signed in June. Walsall Wood are putting together a West Midlands super team and if they manage to hold on to all this signings, I expect them to be a force this season.
Lee Tomlin la la la
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Walsall Wood really throwing the cash around. Don’t get it, around 100 fans per game and a dump of a ground. Thousands needed to bring that ground upto scratch but maybe that’s part of the plan. 🤷‍♂️
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Looks like he has a a good local knowledge of lower league football , welcome aboard Dan
LincolnshireDiamond

Post by LincolnshireDiamond »

Is it a good thing he knows players from leagues lower than our own?
Bobdiddly
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bobdiddly »

Yes.
Maybe some young players who are good enough to move up a league or 2 after getting some games and experiance.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

LincolnshireDiamond wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:51 am Is it a good thing he knows players from leagues lower than our own?
To be fair there are 5 teams in our league next season with players from a league lower than ours (all the promoted ones). I'd like to see a team of men with a smattering of quality youth on the pitch next season, I'd settle for mid table obscurity with a sprinkling of flirting around the play offs.
For the first half of last season I'd have backed any half decent footballing side at any level to give us a beating, but once Harriman got going he turned it around so I now expect us to push on.
AFC R & D member number 34
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Same here 3 of d quite happy to get us settled again and I would be pleased with mid table
LincolnshireDiamond

Post by LincolnshireDiamond »

Fingers crossed. I live in fear of what has occurred to us before harriman came in, bringing in players from lower leagues that were just plain awful and way out of their depth.