Merge with KTFC to guarantee BSP football next season?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.

Merge with KTFC to guarantee BSP football next season?

Poll ended at Thu May 26, 2011 2:38 am

No
61%
Yes
25%
Don't Know
14%

Total votes: 76

diamond mad

Re: Merge with KTFC to guarantee BSP football next season?

Post by diamond mad »

If we go out of business do you think you might find K*ttering Town playing at Nene Park ?
Basil

Post by Basil »

^^^^^^
Delete "if" insert "when" :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

diamond mad wrote:If we go out of business do you think you might find K*ttering Town playing at Nene Park ?
nothing would surprise me. i'm not so sure kett will have a good summer either. saw on the back of the et they've given jp marna a 3 year contract. who gives out contracts that long, these days? unless they think someone will come in for him, and they'll get more money for him.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Up to now I've always been well against it but I have to say, with recent developments at the club my mind is swaying somewhat. How I and i'm sure everyone else would love to see a new owner with even a little wealth to put this club back where it belongs and to keep us ticking along. Someone that has the best interests of the club at heart.

My view on a merger would depend on a lot of things. We have the best manager and pretty much would be dominated by our existing squad as there are few if any K*ttering players that would walk into our team IMO. We have the best stadium and facilities too and our situation groundwise would make sense.

My biggest problem with it would be the fact we would have that association with them although the boost in fan base would be welcome, assuming those most passionate about the club wouldn't boycott the club if it happened. The other main issue would be the owners. Sadact has been ripping K*ttering to pieces for some time now and the Beasants haven't made many fans since taking over here, i'm guessing a merge would mean we have all 3 in a room together which in itself would spell disaster.

The other point would be K*ttering financial situation. I'm not sure how bleak exactly this is but with our own existing troubles, would inheritting more debt by merging really be that beneficial?

I'm shocked at the news of the youth team this evening. A youth team that has produced transfer sums over the years for Bell, Jackson, Cowan-Hall, Reynolds, Day, Tomlin etc and the add ons that follow. The success in league and cup this year shows the strength of the set up and that a bright future lies ahead if it was to carry on. Mills came in and did a great job 3rd time lucky for the 2nd half of the season, whilst not bringing in a transfer sum still came through that youth system originally. Not to mention Nabil's emergence in the last few weeks which again shows what a prospect we have developed. Maybe Barry Fry would fund it, knowing that he will be developing his own squad for the future :lol:

All things considered I think it comes back to who the owners would be. If it was Sadact then NO. If it was the Beasants then.......No. If it was a new owner that brought the two together then depending on a lot of the above, maybe yeah. But then, if a new owner was willing to take our club on then maybe we'd better staying as we are, just with new ownership.
Red Diamond

Post by Red Diamond »

Before tonight's fans forum the vote stands at 60% saying "No" 27% saying yes and 13% not sure, I wonder if this will change after the meeting.
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Was said tonight not possible as it goes against Conference rules as both teams in the same league..?
SCARECROW

Post by SCARECROW »

No ****ing way, share the ground but no merger. 17 years a season ticket holder and if we merge i will never set foot in Nene Park again!
CalversonDiamond

Post by CalversonDiamond »

Groundshare Yes but a Definiate No to A Merger - K*ttering Diamonds i don't bloody think so :evil: :evil:
Flying High, Up In The sky, The Rushden Pheonix is flying high, From Our chosen ground, To The Football League, The Rushden Pheonix Is Flying High,[/color]
Harry

Post by Harry »

If there were to be a merger, K*ttering Diamonds would be a terrible name.

What motivation would anyone from Rushden have to watch the club? Not in their town, not included in the name..
Diamond down South.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Harry wrote:If there were to be a merger, K*ttering Diamonds would be a terrible name.

What motivation would anyone from Rushden have to watch the club? Not in their town, not included in the name..
Ignore the name, Harry that would be the least of our worries. The fact remains that the people of Rushden/Higham and Irthlingborough havn't supported RDFC in any sufficient numbers over the last 3-4 seasons. I would have loved to have known how many of those 400-500 that were in the Kimberley suite last evening actually came from within the boundaries of those three towns. I know of many who were there from Bedford, Wellingborough, Corby, Market Harborough and surrounding villages.

If we are concerned with the Rushden angle then the fact of the matter is that the Club isn't based in Rushden and never has been.
With regard to K*ttering's recent approach to the Club to discuss a merger it shows just how desperate they are to survive themselves.