Thank You Rushden and Diamonds

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RushdenTillIDie

Thank You Rushden and Diamonds

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

I pretty much feel the most depressed I've felt about this situation now and wanted to have a rant...then changed my mind and decided to reflect, you don't have to reply i'm just writing stuff down

I've been away travelling this year and so the last game that I saw was The Play-Off Final Game at the Kassam (good season to end on I know)

The thing I was looking forward to most after seeing my family and friends was going to a diamonds game....this now doesn't seem possible.

I've been Supporting Rushden and Diamonds since I was 6 (95)
Season ticket Holder 96 - 05, stopping only because of uni and lack of finance but still attending regularly 05-10 in the De banke and bringing plenty of mates down too.

That club was my entire childhood, going from an early age with my old man, every saturday, getting a diamond burger and sitting in the north stand trawling through my programme....loving every game

It is something I’m really glad I got to do and I’m so happy that I witnessed so many ups and downs in a short space of time. Us lifting the Beazer Homes trophy (my first time on the pitch ;) ) Being a mascot and having a photo with Darren Collins and Michael Mison (we drew 3 all with Morecombe after being 3 up, Collins grabbing 2 and Unders the other), our great FA Cup run in 99, Heggsy putting us up at Elland Road, Our great rivalries with Yeovil, Watching us win the conference, Our first league game against York (the cheeky back heel) The Play Offs and Final, Paul Halls wonder Goal, Champions of Div 3, A great season for the most part in League 2, 3 all with QPR after two Ainsworth belters, beating the likes of Blackpool etc, then the loss of Talbot and our players, our rough patches back into the conference with the odd glorious event like Billy Sharps winner against the Cobblers, briefly surviving for a further a stint in div 3, hunters term, terms with other managers that shall not be named, Jacko's era, Tommo's era, Beating the scum a multitude of times culminating in the last time I saw us play them, a 3 nil away win on my birthday (what more could you want) and then one more bash in the Play-offs with the mighty JE (my fave manager by far) It has been an absolute joy and I really wish it didn't have to end..

This year has been a nightmare all starting with the Loss of Dale, and we have then struggled to receive any good news since..

from the outside I can see why people don't want us to survive and we get called plastic fans etc, but it's a little stereo-typical and I wouldn't say it's true of our loyal 1000 - I knew nothing about Griggs or the merger when I started, I just got taken to my local football club and was hooked.

If someone did save us it would mean the world to the 1000 of us that still go and it would give an opportunity to a new generation of youngsters to get the same enjoyment out of the game that I did.

but if nothing does happen and it all ends soon I just wanted to say Thank You...to the club and to you guys

RTID
arealdiamondgeezer

Re: Thank You Rushden and Diamonds

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

like you i too can feel ya pain ,like you ive supported this club through some great times and some lows but this now hurts so much now .but like any marriage these are things you have to go through i guess. some of the best moments for me wasnt just the football i remember my wife havng to be indused in to labour of my first child the same day we where playing leeds away!!! but luckily she came early but i still made the coach with the lads that night,my other daughter as a baby was on the front of the ET collecting my sheffield tickets, even my kids names add up to RDC( wasnt allowed the F lol) even my rotty was called max, and too boot ive got the diamonds badge tattooed on my leg ,but whatever the outcome of this maybe either good or bad we carnt be called plastic supports anymore cause there is still a passion here for the club ,i raise a glass to you all, for all the solidarity US supporters have shown for this beloved club
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"