Eastbourne

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Re: Eastbourne

Post by sussexdiamond »

Am I right in thinking we have not won any game in which Tomlin was suspended?

Eastbourne will not be easy. They had a great result on saturday. I was really surprised how tenacious they were.They cost me a pint as I was telling everyone that Wrexham would stroll it.

Liam Envers Marum is tall and gangly (ala Peter Crouch)but does like to fall over a lot at the slightest touch. Benjamin will probably want to show us what he can do as he is a Cobbler, on loan.

I dont think they will go down as they do have a good team ethos and fighting spirit, but they certainly lack any player of real quality who can stamp his mark on a game.

Having said that they will now go and spoil our party!!

see you all on Saturday.
godber

Post by godber »

Beat Sailsbury without Tomlin,tomorrow & saturday we have to prove that we aint a one man team which personally I don't think we are.

going for 4-0
1,123 (21 away)
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Trek wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote:Yeah this is almost as big a game as the ones coming up!
Every remaining game is of equal importance since they all carry 3 points for a win. ;)
Yes but if you are going to be pedantic you could also argue that some games are worth more like six points, with the fact that if you win, the other side doesn't such as Mansfield and K*ttering. :wink:

However, you know exactly what i mean :wink: all points collected are very important in their own right!
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

The thing about tomorrow's game is we will be in that playoff place if we win, which makes the game more important because it's the first step. Plus with Mansfield and Luton having tough fixtures as well, means we need to take advantage.
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Are we all certain it's on?, what's the weather like tonight? i'm planning on heading back home tomorrow about 5pm, don't want to get back in welly and find out its postponed :(
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:Are we all certain it's on?, what's the weather like tonight? i'm planning on heading back home tomorrow about 5pm, don't want to get back in welly and find out its postponed :(
I'm told to expect it to be on, so assume it is unless something appears on the OS.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I'm about 15 miles away and it's been snowing all day, but it hasn't settled.

I'm expecting it to be on, if it's not I think it might actually cry
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Looking at their away record though, they've only won twice this season and scored 11 goals. Predicting a win tonight.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Weather seems to be better, sun is out in Rushden, but still quite cold out!

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Bulgarian Diamond

Post by Bulgarian Diamond »

It will be difficult to play without Tomlin, so I'm not expecting a goal festival like in the previous 2 games.
2-0 O'Connor Farrell
Rip, Dale!