Dale Roberts Terrace

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
DiamondCarvell

Dale Roberts Terrace

Post by DiamondCarvell »

ive heard that the scum are naming the terrace after Dale Roberts, any truth in it?
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: Dale Roberts Terrace

Post by StaceyH »

R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Carvell, what a moron! Read the forum! :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :x :x :evil: :x :x :twisted:
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

The Godfather wrote:Carvell, what a moron! Read the forum! :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :x :x :evil: :x :x :twisted:
sorry dear
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
detoxbirdy

Post by detoxbirdy »

I think it is a nice gesture to name a stand after Dale but as a life long RDFC fan I feel a little sad that they have chosen the Terrace

Pete De Banke was an important and well respected man hence the reason the Terrace was named after him, I feel that his family and some supporters will be saddened by this news

I personally would have preferred them to have named the North or South Stand after Dale

I appreciate that being a Goal Keeper there is a reason for them naming the terrace as this is where he spent much of his playing time in front of the fans but maybe a little more thought was needed
arealdiamondgeezer

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

having been a fan for since god was born ,i do think that although this is a nice gesture but its a backhand one. if sad act was that bothered why not change the name of the a-line a year ago ,secondly nene park was the home of r and d and dale was a loved player of that club , and therefore should belong where ever r&d or afc-r&d home is,as im sure dale would have wanted ,his heart was for this club not nene park.
its the same way as man city calling one of there stands the george best stand ,im sorry if ive offended anyone as this is just my view as a lifetime R&Dfan but felt this need to be said just sometimes you have to look through thing and i do feel this is a backhand guesture,
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"
White Diamond

Post by White Diamond »

Totally agree ARDG. Sadact should not be naming a terrace in Cuckooland after Dale, who was R&DFC never Cuckoo. He belongs with us not them. I am sure he will not be looking down and watching them on a Saturday afternoon when AFC are playing.

Just another pathetic exploitative attempt to persuade Diamonds "fans" to line his pocket and that of the despotic KC.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

detoxbirdy wrote:I think it is a nice gesture to name a stand after Dale but as a life long RDFC fan I feel a little sad that they have chosen the Terrace

Pete De Banke was an important and well respected man hence the reason the Terrace was named after him, I feel that his family and some supporters will be saddened by this news

I personally would have preferred them to have named the North or South Stand after Dale

I appreciate that being a Goal Keeper there is a reason for them naming the terrace as this is where he spent much of his playing time in front of the fans but maybe a little more thought was needed
This is my issue with it. It was already dedicated to someone's memory. If they had named another stand, then fair enough, but it does bring into question how long it will be for since they've just changed the name of a stand dedicated to someone's memory. That may sound cynical but just something to think about.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Desperate measures to attract ex-Diamonds, maybe the season ticket giveaway isn't working as well as hoped eh?? Hope thats the case anyway.

Shameful in my opinion and what must Ploppy fans make of it? A hybrid club in the making and the people behind it have no respect who they use in their attempts at making it work - maybe they'll retire their No 1 shirt next eh? :roll:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Basil

Post by Basil »

I can just picture the scene now.... scum attacking the [newly named] Dale Roberts Stand, they blast through a pathetic looking opposition defence and a lucky deflection takes it passed the keeper. Dale (from up above) makes a brilliant save and stops scum from scoring an open goal!!! Then, all true Rushden & Diamonds fans can feel Dale doing his "we hate K*ttrin and we hate K*ttrin" song and dance.

We love you Dale and nothing ^^they^^ could EVER do would come close to replacing what every true Rushden and Diamonds feels for you xxxxxx
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26