Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Mark Stimson is quoted in the NLP today saying " People here are nicking a living. I feel for the chairman because he's paid a lot of money on bang-average players"
I'd say their current league position shows them as worse than average at present.
AFC R & D member number 34
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

Good way of raising team spirits from Stimson...
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Also a few of their players pulled out on Friday as they were "injured". Sounds like a Garry Hill scenario.
AFC R & D member number 34
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Three of Diamonds wrote:Mark Stimson is quoted in the NLP today saying " People here are nicking a living. I feel for the chairman because he's paid a lot of money on bang-average players"
I'd say their current league position shows them as worse than average at present.
To buy one can be excused, to buy two a coincidence but to buy three or more bang average players could be as wise a financial decision as the bloke who bet his house on Shergar to win the 1984 Derby
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

PigmanRDFC wrote:Thats interesting if true, because surely any R&DFC kit belongs to the Administrator and should be sold off to create money for its creditors ! I hope they paid for it and just didn't take it without permission because that would be theft ........wouldn't it?
I think we would all like to know what happened to everthing at NP but I have a very nasty feeling that a lot of things that we would have expected to end up in the hands of the administrators quite simply didn't. :evil:
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

P.S. Love the "Nicking a living" quote. Very inspirational.

Was it just some of the players he was referring to or the wider NP community?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

luckyfour wrote:
I think we would all like to know what happened to everthing at NP but I have a very nasty feeling that a lot of things that we would have expected to end up in the hands of the administrators quite simply didn't. :evil:
I feel that the biggest problem was that the landlord took occupation at NP prior to the Bee-zants departing. There would have many RDFC items and it depends how careful and/or bothered KC was in listing these items for the administrator. I recall that when the night club business went tit's up he acquired quite a lot fixtures and fittings etc.
Chammie

Post by Chammie »

PigmanRDFC wrote:
Chammie wrote:
PigmanRDFC wrote:He's slowly turning them into us........if you get my drift.
Sooner than you think Pigman........I actually saw them training last week in our cast-off blue training kit - still complete with R&D badges.
I assumed at the time that it was a disguise - the players all afraid that someone would mistake them for K*ttering Town players. Oh the shame of it!!
Thats interesting if true, because surely any R&DFC kit belongs to the Administrator and should be sold off to create money for its creditors ! I hope they paid for it and just didn't take it without permission because that would be theft ........wouldn't it?
If you're in any doubt Pigman, take a look at the picture on the back page of Thursday's ET which shows four players all wearing the same training kit - three have KT badges whilst Michael Bridges, on the extreme right of the picture, is wearing the same training top as the others but with the R&D badge still clearly visible.
And on the wider issues, I was struck by IL response to the Hayes game and by how similar it was to KC response to our cup game at Evesham following which 11(?) of our players were put on the transfer list.
Altogether makes you wonder just how much influence KC has over the running of KT these days.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

I'm out of area so don't get the ET, I don't doubt you Chammie.

I'm not really THAT bothered, they can do what they like, just a passing interest because of whats happened in the past. If I were a KTFC fan I'd be very worried if a certain person did have a big say in things, but thats for them to find out for themselves eh? We have warned them. It is interesting watching the game pan out over there though, like a game of chess, pieces being moved around.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

I don't post on there, but just saw these two posts on Ploppynet - some sane Ploppies? Surely not ;)

We're not dead yet though w'boro-poppy :D

Re: http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... p?f=2&t=41
by w'boro-poppy on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:13 am

Just went and had a look, but don't get why us Kettles fans still bother discussing them, like someone said they are dead.

I can understand why they would discuss us, after we moved into their ground, but why does everyone on here feel the need to discuss them?

Most would agree that the reason we hated RDFC was because of two things; their money, and their plastic fans. Well, now they have neither and are down to their true support. For that reason, I offer AFC Diamonds my best wishes, and will only have the same hatred for them if they get back to our level w'boro-poppy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... p?f=2&t=41
by The Saint on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:18 am

Had the boot been on the other foot this forum would almost certainly been obsessed with digs at them. And boy had they made the same start as us, Jiminy Cricket we would going loopy by now. As it is let them chat amongst themselves and let us concentrate on turning our season round.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51