Montenegro 2 England 2

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Re: Montenegro 0 England 1.......

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

Congratulations Wayne on letting the country down again. Now we have to change the whole system for the group stages as it looks like he won't be playing. Let's hope we get a good group, if we don't manage to get out we'll be hearing about today's game for an eternity. When will he learn? You would have thought that a man in his mid-twenty's who is now a father would have learnt by now! Also, not convinced by Phil Jones at right back tonight, and if we want to do well at the Euros we can't have Gary Cahill playing. Rant over :D

Glad for Montenegro, some amazing scenes at the end.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

Out of interest what is everyone's opinions on the starting XI for the knockout stages in the Euros (we should be able to qualify without Rooney) for me it's...

Hart

Richards
Ferdinand
Terry
Cole

Parker
Wilshere

Young
Rooney
Walcott

Bent

Need to get the most out of your best players in their best positions, so Rooney should play as he does tonight with Bent in the Hernandez role. He's wasted as a lone striker, and I cringe at the thought of 4-4-2.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Hart

Richards
Jones
Smalling
Gibbs

Rodwell
Wilshere

Walcott
Young
Johnson

Carroll

Football's about being an effective team, not a bunch of individuals. The over-rated older constant failures have had their time. Build for 2014.
Diamondsiy

Post by Diamondsiy »

hart

cole
cahill
terry
smalling

parker
wilshire

young
walcott

rooney
bent
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS - Member No: 380
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

PigmanRDFC wrote:0-2 now - easy, easy ;)
It's all Pigman's fault!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: [Edited] Montenegro 2 England 2

Post by BartonRaz »

Have people forgotten about Gerrard? Can't seriously tell me anyone would rather have Parker in there than him.

Also, we've still got Glen Johnson to come back at RB.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Rodwell
IMO, he is one of the biggest false-hopes ever. So much hype about him and he's average at best.

Adam Johnson is a good shout, i'd rather see him in the side that Theo Walcott.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Diamondsiy

Post by Diamondsiy »

Adam Johnson is a good shout, i'd rather see him in the side that Theo Walcott.[/quote]

yeah id like to see johnson in team, but he hardly plays for man city, shame really becuase hes a class act, he needs to find a new club if hes to get into england side again,
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS - Member No: 380
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

Hart
Smalling Jones Terry Cole
Wilshere Gerrard
Young Rooney Walcott
Bent
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

Hart
Smalling Jones Terry Cole
Parker Wilshere
Walcott Gerrard Young
Rooney

I think Sturridge and Welbeck should be given a chance off the bench in the group games when Rooney is suspended and Bent or Carroll is the lone forward, I think they could be useful on the flanks as well as up top. We haven't been brave enough with youngsters in the big tournaments. I also think Cleverley could (or in my opinion should) be given chances off the bench too, Pace creativity and no fear with them 3. Plus Lampards class off the bench could be priceless... (although it would take a miracle for us to win the Euro's!!)

And I'd like to say that in my opinion, Rooney should not have played yesterday. We all know Rooney would want to play if Man Utd had a friendly against us at Raunds, and it was mainly Uniteds -18s playing... he never wants to miss a game, but is anyone actually surprised that he got sent off? Would anyone, HONESTLY, be in the right frame of mind to play the day after your dad and uncle have been arrested. Shouldn't have been in the squad, I said to my dad yesterday afternoon that I thought he'd get sent off, we're both United fans, and knew it was gonna happen...
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1